Bandon Trails

Post here anything to do with the PGA 9 tourney.
charlieb
Steam Profile name (Required): charllieb
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Bandon Trails

Post by charlieb »

Admins:

This is my post shot screen after a rehit/drop option...Would have gotten a free drop here I believe, but unable to continue.

I am forced to exit and restart.

Thx
CharlieB
288140_20170304154342_1.png
MiMiC

Re: Bandon Trails

Post by MiMiC »

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the image as evidence.

It appears the drop bug is getting worse instead of being resolved.

Your score will be amended by one stroke. The penalty stroke will still show on the card, but the overall total for round 2 will be reduced.

Please could you also post to the PP bug reporting forum with as much background as possible, as doing so will at least highlight the issue to the devs as needing further attention.

Mike

MiMiC
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

thats what happened to me in last weeks pga18 but had a shot added. lol
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

That is why evidence, as we have made clear for quite some time, is vital for any outcome other than letting the penalty stroke stand.

Our stance on this is solid and consistent, as shown from when this post was made:

PGLS ADVISORY - PGLS PENALTY STROKES AND HOW THEY WORK
A particular bug in the game causes a player to terminate the shot having hit their ball into a water hazard, due to a drop not being offered. We do not need to review these instances because the shot would have incurred a penalty for the drop in any case. The one difference will be that the drop will be at your original point of hitting the shot, rather than a drop at the point at which you entered the hazard. The penalty stroke will remain in game, but feel free to take a screenshot which will then be on your Steam profile to show that you played the round legitimately but suffered the dropbug/penalty.
It is not so much that we think everyone is trying to pull a fast one, but more that it serves to show where we are able to take action to fix a score as a result of a broken drop bug.

Video evidence (captured through video card) would be excellent, but if not, then a simple f12 to take a screenshot and then you finding that on your computer and posting it to support your appeal is necessary.

You would be surprised just how much the appeals dropped away once we made it clear we will not just take it at face value... almost as quickly as the post-shot close stopped as soon as we made clear it was always subject to penalty unless supported by evidence.

Mike

MiMiC
charlieb
Steam Profile name (Required): charllieb
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by charlieb »

Thanks Mike.
I will post to PP.

CharlieB

Return to “PGA 9”