Scoring becoming ridiculous

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
DoGgs

Steam Profile name (Required): fluid druid

Re: Scoring becoming ridiculous

Post by DoGgs »

Greensboronclion wrote:Yea Affo I agree and soon 52 will be the norm just as in Links. I really believe that we should eliminate the Caliber ball though and only use the Avant for tournaments as it is to dang straight IMO and yes I use it myself and will tell you it will shave 5 shots off your score. It might be shorter but hard to miss fairways with it and if you just had the Avant we would see that as with any swing the penalty for miss hits is much more than the Caliber. Just my 2 cents.
So why in the hell am i better with the avant at Augusta, :biggrin: caliber just does not cut it on some courses. Saying that i'm playing in a groove at the moment, if it slips then avant will kill me much more than caliber would...swings and roundabouts i guess,
Legitimate controller player *verified*
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Just found that out that the Caliber wont work some places and this week its called East Lake. We should outlaw the Caliber and only allow Avant for Tournaments but they will never do it.
DoGgs

Post by DoGgs »

Greensboronclion wrote:Just found that out that the Caliber wont work some places and this week its called East Lake. We should outlaw the Caliber and only allow Avant for Tournaments but they will never do it.
No i can't agree, sometimes my swing deserts me, when it does its damn painful...caliber helps me tick over without falling apart completely until it comes back, anyway its putts for dough, and my putting average is right up there, and putting is prob the hardest aspect of controller play, people who slam controller seem to forget that. I also have a high amount of chip ins, not always easy to judge especially if you club up and be bold with your chip shots
Greensboronclion

You are right about the putting aspect as I was putting so well and then 1st round at East Lake I had 31 putts and everything else went wrong also. No love for the controller anywhere but they better except it and soon as once this game comes to console and if its W10 based they will be playing against the controller more and more. Yeah the more I think about it I better let that Caliber hang around as I will probably need it again soon. Lol.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I have just played 2 rounds along with Duncanmathieson in the first he scored -13 and in the second he scored -14, so in just 2 rounds he scored -27. He could have scored much more if all the missed putts had gone in. We look at the score board and wonder how some of these high scores are achieved and its easy to come to the conclusion that they are achieved by devious means. Which Dunc there was no aids he just played a fabulous and skilled game. Its good to play along with some of these top players it opens your eyes to how they achieve these great scores
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Very true Paul.

Also folks, bear in mind that PGLS uses all the tee boxes, not just the longest (Championship) ones available, so that also helps the scores tumble down.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
duncanmathieson
Steam Profile name (Required): dunkymath
Has Liked: 62 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by duncanmathieson »

I sometimes wonder how some people consistently get great scores, but as I myself have had the occasional brilliant (but unexpected) round i can understand if a player can hit snap consistently then he or she can get great scores every round. As i am very erratic with said snap i have no complaints with players who are more consistent and achieve low scores week on week.I think we would all be very happy if snap hit every shot.

ps: I didnt even know we could use a different ball.
lol
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

not worth talking about it . we all know things go on when playing computer games . always have always will. just play and forget about it.
Greensboronclion

I like that we use different Tee boxes here as it is fun every once in a while to just grip and rip and yes it makes the scores go low but hey what the heck its just a game anyway so why not have fun. There are a lot of good players at every swing and the great thing is that we allow all swings and for that I am thankful. Now with Augusta coming up I have to put the Caliber Ball in the bag and break out the Avent ball which I hit everywhere and might need a couple drinks before the first tee. Lol.
DoGgs

Post by DoGgs »

Forgot it was masters week,cant see me getting a chance to play 4 rounds, i'm struggling with this weeks events, got too much work on.

Return to “General Discussion”