Always same two players

Post here anything to do with the PGLS 9 and Match 9 ladders.
Carl Lapin
Steam Profile name (Required): CarlLapin
Been Liked: 2 times

Always same two players

Post by Carl Lapin »

Is there a way to stop having the same two players play together day after day after day?

Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 60 times
Been Liked: 205 times

Re: Always same two players

Post by Mwh65 »

There is yes but I'm looking at changing the way the 4 ladders currently work anyway.

This doesn't include Alternate 9 as it has already been implemented on that ladder.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

I also left the ladder two times in the past, Carl. I know the frustration of not connecting to players, especially when other members do not accept a friend request at Steam: Secondly, the players who are on my friends usually always show-up as offline or away: Thirdly, they appear Online but ignore PM/s. I think it boils down to some players are are not savvy with Steam's Interface.

My suggestion to people who stay Online indefinitely is to learn how to set yourself Offline when you are not available.

Myself and Tresclub have time each day to play one or two ladder matches but he's the only player that I can call on Skype between 1:00 PM and 11:00 PM Eastern Time. Other players I find almost impossible to play match 9 with, except you. We were able to play at least one match 9 a week in the past.

Hopefully people who like the 1 on 1 competition for "just" 9 holes in match play will take it seriously enough to open themselves up to the top 10 players. I use to come to PGLS everyday, go to Meet and Greet ask if anyone would like to play Match 9. After that stopped working I quit the ladder a second time.

Bottom line about Match 9 ladder play. It's a great format for in-game chat, Discourse, Teamspeak or Skype. I prefer playing in-game chat but others prefer to play only with voice. It's tough but some members here are going to need to change their traditional method of communicating for Match 9 to stay active.

I prefer in-game chat but that usually starts with PM/s in Steam.

Keeping fingers crossed that North America (USA and Canada) members will start connecting more often after Mark's changes.

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Well Carl, I finally got tired of not finding matches with other players who were online at the same time as I am. I left the ladder as well and hope that after JNPG2 is released there will be more players joining PGLS and therefore, more match 9 players.