Game crashes system

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
Lextron
Steam Profile name (Required): Lex

Game crashes system

Post by Lextron »

Upgraded some pc parts. Used to have amd fx8320. Now have i5 9600k. Used to have 8gb ddrr3. Now have 16gb ddr4. Used to have MSI 970 gaming, now have asrock z370 extreme 4. I still have a gtx 1070 and 650 watt pay from before the upgrade. Game is installed on SSD along with windows. I also added a giant fan/heatsink rated for cooling an i7. The game used to run before the upgrade but the frames were too low to be playable. After upgrade, the pc will restart itself. Sometimes within seconds of launch, sometimes in the options menu, sometimes during the round. My personal stress tests show no real issues, the gpu peaking at 71 degrees C. Thanks in advance and let me know what else I can provide
Lextron

Re: Game crashes system

Post by Lextron »

Autocorrect. 650 watt psu*
Lextron

Post by Lextron »

Hmm I think i intend to skip step 1 - I had a shop put this together for me and after having these issues, I told him, and he has already attempted a reseating of fan and reapplication of thermal paste. Also said he used a higher quality paste than before. Told me it solved the heat problem but I'm an idiot and did not ask him to test the game. The CPU does not get over the mid 50s C according to my tests (coolermaster coolmaker 8 is the heatsink/fan). I can take screenshots of this and other hardware monitor results if needed
Lextron

Post by Lextron »

I do not - I have a basic understanding of the workings, but am not a builder. That said I have replaced PSU's before, and I will have to buy one. That will not be today - Thanks for your input and I will update when I know more.
Lextron

Post by Lextron »

Also, for the sake of complete information: I have tried this on my HDD rather than SSD, and it performs the same, so I do not believe it is a drive problem (unless the "drive" problem is the windows installation which had remained on the SSD)
Lextron

Post by Lextron »

I have installed a new power supply and so far, so good, but I am yet to confirm it will not crash at all. I will update . I will also do a user benchmark, but I want to keep JNPG open as consecutively long as possible right now to test for crashes. I tried the userbenchmark while JNPG was open and I believe it interfered.
Lextron

Post by Lextron »

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12660377

For now I'll consider this solved though, I'll update if I get anymore crashes. Thanks. Also, I accidentally launched round 2 of pgls 18 with RTS-C again, as the game defaults me to that when I launch. Looks like its not recording any more rounds for that tourney now. Probably belongs in a separate message to you, sorry

Return to “Technical Support”