spin and power loss

The place to look for information on the game from Perfect Parallel and how to play the various ladders & tournies PGLS has to offer.
Forum rules
If you have recently joined PGLS you won't be able to create topics / replies to the forums or be able to take part in any tournies until you provide your Steam ID. This can be found in the PG game by clicking on the "HOW TO : Find your Steam ID in-game" topic in the "Announcements" section below.
Merlin69
Steam Profile name (Required): John Rosser
Been Liked: 1 time

spin and power loss

Post by Merlin69 »

What does spin and power loss mean -does power loss mean x% of the distance to the hole or x% of the designated club distance? I'm at a loss as to what spin loss means? :wtf:
hbthree
Steam Profile name (Required): hbthree

Re: spin and power loss

Post by hbthree »

If, for instance, you have a 170 yd shot, where you have a 15% power loss, one divides 170 by (1.00 -.15 = .85)...thus in this example one would divide 170 by .85 = 200....yielding the need to hit a shot of 200 yds. Loss of spin relates to the roll out after the shot lands...the more loss the further the ball will roll out. Hope this helps
Merlin69

Post by Merlin69 »

so it's the distance to the hole plus power loss % which to me would equal 195 yds?
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

That's the way I figure it Merlin. Add the power loss percentage to the distance you need to go to the pin.170 + 25 = 195. Spin loss means the ball is going to roll farther on the green than it would if you were hitting out of the fairway.
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
Merlin69

Post by Merlin69 »

Thank you.

Return to “Getting Started”