Just got changed to Pro from Amateur on PGLS and now when I host it still shows Amateur

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
UK4LifeBBN
Steam Profile name (Required): UK4LifeBBN

Just got changed to Pro from Amateur on PGLS and now when I host it still shows Amateur

Post by UK4LifeBBN »

My tourney level changed from Amateur to Pro recently and I have set my default character level to Pro as well. However, if I host a PGLS tourney (only PGLS all of the others work including the official PP tourneys) my difficulty level remains on Amateur, if I click my character and try to change to pro it does NOTHING.

If someone else is hosting a PGLS tourney and I join their game it automatically has me set to pro so I know it's defaulting to the right settings.

So basically right now I can't compete in any PGLS tourney unless someone else is hosting and I join their game.

PLEASE HELP!!
UK4LifeBBN
Steam Profile name (Required): UK4LifeBBN

Re: Just got changed to Pro from Amateur on PGLS and now when I host it still shows Amateur

Post by UK4LifeBBN »

Ok everyone just so you know I wanted to let you know I figured it out!

So my default username w/ the difficulty level of Amateur was my proper name (UK4LifeBBN). I had another character name in the game set as UK4LifeBBNPro which I had setup w/ the PRO level setting.

When I set my UK4LifeBBNPro character as my default and tried to host a PGLS tourney it would NOT work anymore. It would however let me join others that were hosting a PGLS tourney with the name UK4LifeBBNPro set as my default and it didn't care, it would recognize me and record my results.

SO.... The issue only is when you try to HOST THE TOURNEY for others to join. It has to match your Steam ID completely but it apparently doesn't if you join someone else hosting a PGLS event. So now my default name is what it was on Amateur (UK4LifeBBN) but my difficulty level is set to Pro. I can startup a PGLS tourney no problem.

My second name is UK4LifeBBN-Amateur and I only use that if I want to use that level in a non-PGLS tourney.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Re: Just got changed to Pro from Amateur on PGLS and now when I host it still shows Amateur

Post by Mwh65 »

Glad to hear you got it sorted :good:

So you know it is your Steam ID that is important and not what you call any of your players in-game. You can play any PGLS tournies with the wrong level set but it just won't record the score.

A lot of the time we have fount it easier to remove all players from PG, restart PG then setup a new player.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “Technical Support”