Use of Controllers in PGLS tournies

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.

Should PGLS allow the use of Controllers in the tournies

Poll ended at Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 94

Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Re: Use of Controllers in PGLS tournies

Post by Greensboronclion »

Welcome back DoGgs and now at least there are two of us. Finally starting to play at or just under par and putting has been much better but not hitting enough greens and not hitting it close enough when I do. Great tho to be back playing events with controller.
DoGgs

Steam Profile name (Required): fluid druid

Post by DoGgs »

Ha, i think i'm gonna struggle, just when i think i've nailed the swing down a bit i lose it again. from experience i know i will have to put the range time in to get back to my best and i don't have time for that anymore, i'll prob just play the 9's and leave out the 18. people can say what they like about controller but trying to hit that groove and maintaining it is bloody difficult, you need to play a few rounds every day to have a chance of grooving it. I'm prob gonna have good and bad rounds it seems.
Legitimate controller player *verified*
BlackCat0315

Steam Profile name (Required): BlackCat0315
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by BlackCat0315 »

I have always used 3C for this game and had never tried to use the controller as it was banned.

I have just picked up this thread and have just finished my first 9 holes with my controller. Needless to say, driving and approach feel much easier but just how are you supposed to putt with this thing ? Does a full putting backswing equate to a 100% shot using the meter ?
Greensboronclion

Blackcat315 What kind of controller are you using? Been playing controller a long time and use Official Xbox360 and at Pro lucky if I hit 50% greens and fairways and putting is a chore so don't get the easy on tee to green your saying. Today I put the controller down and played two rounds at MS in Stableford and shot Par and haven't played MS in months. And just think all were afraid we controller players would dominate and I being the only one left have quit and went back to MS. If it's easy for you and your not shanking putts your not using an official Xbox controller.
DoGgs

Steam Profile name (Required): fluid druid

Post by DoGgs »

I quit too greens, i played a few rounds but this game is just not doing it for me, i thought a break would help but sadly not...I just get bored playing it these days. I usually play about twice a week, but i have not played since my last PGA 9 round a few weeks back, snooker 19 is taking up my time now, that sport was my life growing up so its only natural i push the golf out in favor of it.
Legitimate controller player *verified*
Greensboronclion

DoGgs I concur and I played 36 holes today and first I played in a week. I used to play at least one tournament round a day but just not interested enough to do it anymore and to be honest I was tired of being only controller player and nobody to compare my scores to as you can't compare yourself to clickers as that's not even realistic. I started playing MS again as at least I have a few mouse swing players and MS to compare to. Sad but the truth is a lot of players have moved on and the fields getting smaller every week.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

It is sad when people lose interest in a game, it happens, but the truth of the matter is...PGA9, Stableford and Tuff Stuff have actually seen an increase in the number of rounds played over the last 10 weeks compered to the 10 weeks prior to that! The fields are not all getting smaller. Divisions numbers are holding steady at 80+ per round too, so more positivity!!

Hope you find your JNPG mojo again soon Rob.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Greensboronclion

Andy your correct as I myself have been playing when I do the Stableford and the PGA 9 as they are easier to finish. My biggest problem is time as when I was working I would play a round before work and one every evening but now that I am retired we travel quite a bit and when you go for a few weeks you lose your tempo real quick. At least with the nine hole events I can finish but really tough to finish the PGA 18 and I hate starting and not finishing. I leave for Florida the 1st of the year and down there for 2 1/2 months so all tempo will be lost but hey traveling is what retirement is about.

Return to “General Discussion”