Having Fun Yet?

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Having Fun Yet?

Post by Affo »

I think he's having fun this week...there's that -8!!!

Nice one.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

Followed by a -3 and then in the third round I barely missed a snap on a par 3 but the ball landed on the green and rolled, gained speed, rolled to the fringe, down the fairway, through the rough and into the water. Twice. End of round. It wasnt hit that hard to do that. Something should have slowed it down and stopped it. Not giving all my strokes back on one hole which will inevitably put me at the bottom of the tourney scores. Hitting snaps is WAY too critical on Tour pro. I don't know how guys do it EVERY round, EVERY hole.
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

LinksPro wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 pm Followed by a -3 and then in the third round I barely missed a snap on a par 3 but the ball landed on the green and rolled, gained speed, rolled to the fringe, down the fairway, through the rough and into the water. Twice. End of round. It wasnt hit that hard to do that. Something should have slowed it down and stopped it. Not giving all my strokes back on one hole which will inevitably put me at the bottom of the tourney scores. Hitting snaps is WAY too critical on Tour pro. I don't know how guys do it EVERY round, EVERY hole.
Dude, stop embarrassing yourself. STFU and play.

Perc
Affo

Post by Affo »

timing and course management

TheOtherRick
Steam Profile name (Required): TheOtherRick
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by TheOtherRick »

"Hitting the snap" is exactly why I stopped playing 3-click. I was a 3C player all my life in every other game I played...(Links, TW, WGT...although WGT isn't really 3C). In this game, especially at Pro or Tour Pro, I found that I cannot hit the snap with any consistency at all. It became very frustrating when I could no longer compete in tournies due to high scores. I made the switch to Motion Swing (Horizontal) and now I can truly say that I do indeed have fun playing. Granted, on Tour Pro my scores do suffer because the tolerance for off tempo swings is minuscule...but I still score better than I do 3C on Tour Pro. There is a learning curve, and you will hit terribly at first, but you may want to try some Motion Swing to start having fun again. With practice, your scores will improve and the game is fun again.
To Thine Own Self Be True

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Post by JMK59 »

There seems to be on some courses / green complexes that the rough friction coefficient doesn't match up with the penalty imposed when the ball does stop in the rough. Meaning... if the ball stops in the rough with a penalty of 20%, the friction should be enough to stop the ball from rolling into the hazard. There seems to be a disconnect on some courses, on some green complexes. Is it a limitation of Unity (Course Forge), or the designer?

I've encountered this many times. While playing in online tournaments, everyone is subject to the same physics. You can either "roll with it" or complain. I can sympathize with you, but I've chosen to look past the warts of PG1 and keep playing with what we have.
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 282 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by cubbies645 »

Listen hitting the snap is a big skill level and real tuff, what the key is, master playing form where ever u land missing the snap sand, rough ect. the fairway doesnt always mean bird, i get alot of birdies from the rough sand ect. and keeps the rd going for when u do hit the snap, for example i missed the snap on a par 5 landed in the rough had about a 223 yard shot, busted the ball with a 3 wood out of the rough landed about 5 ft away fro eagle, doesnt happen alot but can be done mastering the rough allows a rd to finish with a respectable score, bottom line the snap is a mf lol a liitle line u can barely see, so dont beat yourself up about it, learn to play within the snap.. :good:
Affo

Post by Affo »

or indeed a little before or after to counteract any wind ;)

LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

Here is the biggest problem I have playing Tour Pro. Those tiny missed snaps can cost me 5 to 10 stroke per 18 holes. If I'm in a green-side bunker and miss the bottom snap a hair early, the ball doesn't make it to the green and if I miss it a hair late, the ball flies over the pin. It's that way with flop shots also. I try my hardest to stay away from either shot. Also missing the snap a tiny bit on putts and they wont go in either. I've missed 5 foot straight putts because of missed snaps. And I'm not talking huge miss snaps. Anyone have any tips on either shot?
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

short putts say under 9' i never move the golfer or very rarely
I play the meter either short or long on the mark to make the curve's
and the putts work great for me. seems on straight putts I miss by a hair lots of times so I always putt a little stiff to take care of that.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652

Return to “General Discussion”