Welcome to the PGLS Tours

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
bobfletch

Re: Welcome to the PGLS Tours

Post by bobfletch »

Welcome to the world of PGLS Tours Jim!
1. Was there a thought to make PGLS Tours a complete handicapped event? With no cut it may have condensed the scoring, making it nice and tight.
In a word - no. In my view handicaps are notoriously difficult to get right, so they were not part of the original concept. Maybe in the future, who knows?
2. I have been testing and trialling realistic putting. This also levels out scoring, really good fun once you get use to it.
I'm intrigued by the term 'realistic putting'! Can you explain to me exactly what that is please Jim? I have always craved more realistic scoring when playing 'computer golf' and this sounds like it could be something which could take us in that direction.
3. Probably not this year but a set of stats just for PGLS Tours would be something else, don't know how difficult this would be to set up.
I believe there will be stats produced specifically for PGLS Tours, but Mark would have to confirm that. Ideally there would be two sets of stats - one for each tour, but that is for Mark to decide I think.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

I believe he means the "realistic" setting for greens which we have as perfect by default.

Hope that isn't changed. Played a Caddyshack round last night and after missing 3 putts which were going in and thinking wtf....looked and saw it was realistic greens, horrid. May be more lifelike, but random movements make it a lottery to putt in.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
JimBoags
Steam Profile name (Required): JimBoags

Post by JimBoags »

Thanks for the quick reply,

Well not realistic putting but by selecting 'Realistic' Green Quality in the setup and not the 'Perfect' Green Quality you will get something closer to realistic putting. It's like RL green quality. The 'Perfect' setting that is always used is very mechanical.

I compared 20 rounds of 'Perfect' green quality to 20 rounds of realistic green quality over the exact same courses, weather conditions, speed and hardness and concluded that my average putts were 1.8 strokes more on the realistic greens per round. In my opinion It did make it more difficult putting, mainly with putts under 10-12 feet.

Just more for you to ponder.

Jim
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

Please do not use the "realistic" settings here. Thanks.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Really love how this tour could evolve and only sad that I will play first week then miss the next eight being in Florida but look forward to playing when I get back. It also gives you the chance to crossover to other tour a few times to play against other competition and I find that as a real plus. Again love the setup and great work by all to bring it onboard.
Flyer01
Steam Profile name (Required): Flyer01
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by Flyer01 »

Hi, since there is going to be a combined "money" list as well as individual ones then am I correct to assume that the payouts for each tour will be the same each week? One aspect I'm not to keen on is the separation of all players into two camps. There will be a lot of players I usually compare myself to that will be playing on the other tour. Even if I use the 8 chances to play the other tour I still might not end up playing against the players I want to. Have you given any thought to say the top 30 from each tour playing against each other in some kind of playoff at the end of the season?
gbodave

Steam Profile name (Required): Clubcaptain
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by gbodave »

bobfletch wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:58 pm Hi Dave - I remember you from those happy days playing Jack Nicklaus 6!!
I totally don't get not choosing Le Golf National for the French open. You don't like it. I do so I'd enjoy playing it. "Improvising" to this degree is counter intuitive to the basic set up of the Tours.
I don't know if you are aware, but I'm over halfway through playing all the PG courses and giving them my own personal rating. I have already done this with Le Golf National and I would consider it to be an adequate course, and certainly not one of the best. Of course, that is just my own personal opinion - but as far as the PGLS Tours go, it's my opinion that counts. The decision has been made not to use it - and that won't change, unfortunately for you.
Looking further down the line "The American Tour has a lot of very good, real courses - but the Continental Tour does not have that luxury unfortunately," - that would dampen the enthusiasm for playing the Continental Tour.
That's possibly so but, so far at least, of the 55 sign-ups we've had, 29 will be playing on the Continental Tour. Therefore it would be reasonable to assume that the selection of courses on that Tour has not deterred players from taking part!!

I seem to remember you tried your hand at course designing in JN6 (Club Med Resort, Lapwing Ridge, Teignton, and Swan Lake Golf Club) - have you considered having a go with the PG designer and perhaps providing us with a 'real' European Tour course? Goodness knows we could certainly use a few of them!
Yes Bob, the Golden Bear Offline Tour "The GBO". 13 years without any API meaning calculator and pen and manually entering every score - for more than 100 players per week at times. Today's Tour Commissioners don't know how easy they have it :-). I do know that you didn't have it easy playing all the courses. The effort is appreciated.

I'm amazed you remembered the courses I did. As for PG you haven't kept up with me - Appollon Island Resort, Port Muir, Taiga Forest and the one in the works is Cutlas Cove. Glad to see that all 4 would come into the Continental Tour geographical area.
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

I'm amazed you remembered the courses I did. As for PG you haven't kept up with me - Appollon Island Resort, Port Muir, Taiga Forest and the one in the works is Cutlas Cove. Glad to see that all 4 would come into the Continental Tour geographical area.
Well, I didn't remember them, I cheated a little by looking them up on an old JN6 site lol - where I think they are still available for download!! Teignton was my favourite, being set in Devon where I live - not far from the River Teign in fact!

Oh no!! So YOU'RE responsible for those accursed, squawking birds at Appollon Island Resort!!?? LOL

And I'm still thinking about including Taiga Forest on the Continental schedule - I've played it 2 or 3 times but am going to play it again, I'm a sucker for tough courses hehe...
Hi, since there is going to be a combined "money" list as well as individual ones then am I correct to assume that the payouts for each tour will be the same each week? One aspect I'm not to keen on is the separation of all players into two camps. There will be a lot of players I usually compare myself to that will be playing on the other tour. Even if I use the 8 chances to play the other tour I still might not end up playing against the players I want to. Have you given any thought to say the top 30 from each tour playing against each other in some kind of playoff at the end of the season?
Yes, payouts will be the same each week for both tours - except the payouts will be more when there is a Major or a WGC event.

The main purpose of the Tour concept was to have two tours loosely mirroring the real PGA Tour and European Tour - that wouldn't be possible without "separation of all players into two camps". If you want to compare yourself against certain other players you can still do it playing PGA9, PGA18, Stableford and the PGLS Open.

Your play-off idea at season's end is a very interesting one! I hadn't thought of that but will certainly give it consideration. My initial thoughts would be for, perhaps, the top 16 earners on each tour being involved - but time may be prohibitive here. That's because at the end of every season we will hold either the Ryder Cup or the Presidents Cup, and each of those will use up another 3 weeks. That would mean 49 weeks of the year used up and a lot of guys might want a break for Christmas next year!! However, it will be discussed and many thanks for the idea!
BlackCat0315

Steam Profile name (Required): BlackCat0315
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by BlackCat0315 »

Can I be swapped from the American to the Continental please ?

Many thanks.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 406 times

Post by Mwh65 »

BlackCat0315 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:56 pm Can I be swapped from the American to the Continental please ?

Many thanks.
You are already on the Continental tour :hmmm:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “PGLS Tours”