Player Levels

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.

How should a players level be decide upon in the PGLS Tours ...

Poll ended at Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Existing PGLS Level
74%
Choose your own level
26%

Total votes: 76

davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: Player Levels

Post by davefv92c »

not to hard to figure out Biff just give it a little thought.
all PGLS events should be played under the same rules instead of a set of rules for this tourney and a different set of rules for that tourney.
like i said in the admin forums this would be much better fit to go Country Club setting where the people running the CC have much more leeway
in how they run their tourneys.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

davefv92c wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am not to hard to figure out Biff just give it a little thought.
No Dave I cannot think of a can of worms, or problem this separate tourney will have, you made a statement I would like an explanation please.
davefv92c wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am all PGLS events should be played under the same rules instead of a set of rules for this tourney and a different set of rules for that tourney.
Again why? i was a mod with Mark on WGTLS and at the start here at PGLS and it was always our aim to cater for all, that clearly doesn't cater for all, in real life all tournaments have different sets of rules not all are bog standard set in stone rules, I totally disagree with this stance.
davefv92c wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am like i said in the admin forums this would be much better fit to go Country Club setting where the people running the CC have much more leeway
in how they run their tourneys.
Bob and I have discussed this and yes this option is looking more and more likely to be the solution, we conceded on the multi player round but have had nothing back in return, Mark mentioned this could become an untenable situation and I looks like he is correct.
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

...all PGLS events should be played under the same rules...
Whether those rules are right or wrong, you would just blindly accept them Dave?! Intriguing...
this would be much better fit to go Country Club setting where the people running the CC have much more leeway in how they run their tourneys.
A very interesting suggestion, because the Tours do not resemble what they were intended to be, not quite unrecognisable from the original 'vision', but heading that way it seems. Can't help wondering what else will be 'changed' or disapproved of - time will tell...
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

figure it out yourself biffa, im not going to waste time in my life i can not get back typing it out
i owe you nothing so don't hold your breath. about the smartest part of your last post is the last paragraph.
as the vote will tell. and you can bet if things don't go my way i will not threaten to take my ball and go home.

like i said the vote will tell the story
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Didn't think the current setup is that different to your original concept ? (which I still say is a very good idea, 2 Tours and guesting..top notch)

The playing at least a round online would never have work over 2 Tours, very small fields would have been the result, seeing as the vast majority like to play solo.

Yes, the levels choosing may or may not end up being what you envisaged, but not aware of much else that has had to change, or could you let us know if there is more to which has made it unrecognisable from the original vision?

Just interested.

Thanks.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

davefv92c wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 am figure it out yourself biffa, im not going to waste time in my life i can not get back typing it out
As I thought it was just loose words their is no can of worms.
davefv92c wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 am i owe you nothing so don't hold your breath. about the smartest part of your last post is the last paragraph.
Tremendous reply for a mod I must say.
davefv92c wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 am and you can bet if things don't go my way i will not threaten to take my ball and go home.
Presidents cup comes to mind one minute your in as a vice the next out then in and out, you already did the ball home bit, But never mind true colours always come thru in the end, you have no constructive stuff to add so now try with silly little jibes. I wont be wasting my time responding to your silly remarks again sir I bid you good day.
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Affo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 am The playing at least a round online would never have work over 2 Tours, very small fields would have been the result, seeing as the vast majority like to play solo.
In your opinion Andy, we did say give it a go and if it didn't work it could have easily been changed. The idea was to get more people in M and g and try get more matches arranged through M and G as to try build up what has become a very quiet chatroom. Obviously that wont interest you as a solo player.
Affo

Post by Affo »

True Les, it is just an opinion based on fact of numbers playing solo/online.

While the intentions of making a busier chatroom are commendable, I do believe that it would have been actually detrimental to Tour numbers if that was followed through.

As per my previous post, was there any other areas which make the current setup almost unrecognisable from the original concept, I truly would like to know as I did receive from Bob an early note on his ideas and cannot see anything else bar what has been previously stated that is different, I of course may have missed something or things have been altered or added?

Thanks.

Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Affo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 am While the intentions of making a busier chatroom are commendable, I do believe that it would have been actually detrimental to Tour numbers if that was followed through.
Maybe true also Andy but we never even gave it a shot, it was simply dismissed.
Affo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 am As per my previous post, was there any other areas which make the current setup almost unrecognisable from the original concept, I truly would like to know as I did receive from Bob an early note on his ideas and cannot see anything else bar what has been previously stated that is different,
The two main important differences from that of the current tournies on offer, being the Level and multiplay where the only two differences of the original concept and they have both been dismissed by PGLS Admin which to Bob and I makes the current set up unrecognisable to the original one.
Affo

Post by Affo »

Ok, thanks for the reply. Let's see what the vote decides regarding one of those changes.

Return to “PGLS Tours”