Having Fun Yet?

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
bobfletch

Re: Having Fun Yet?

Post by bobfletch »

Great post Scott, nailed it mate! In fact, last night I played a bunker shot and was late on the snap by close to a quarter of an inch... and gleefully watched as I holed it for an eagle 2!! LOL So sometimes it's good to miss the snap!
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Very true Scott, the best shots are the ones you can see in your mind, just coming round the bunker at the front of the green...if I can just land it there, the ball will roll around etc, etc. Doesn't always work as you say, but when it does it is good fun!
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
SimChars1968
Steam Profile name (Required): SimChars1968
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by SimChars1968 »

These comments about a shot going exactly as you see it and the satisfaction from that happening is exactly why I don't understand why people don't ditch the 'meters' and try RTSM. You are never sure if you will get that draw or fade you want(even when using the shot shaper), because it is like golf IRL, you can set up and move the mouse how you intend the shot to go, but one slight thing out and you can end up with a completely different outcome. This just makes the game so damn immersive and enjoyable, and kudos to those players that score low using this method because it can be brutal at the higher skill levels. Probably why the clickers are reluctant to try it!
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

I have tried every method this game allows. I even bought a new controller and mouse. The only way I am even close to a snap is 3 click. When I played LinksLS 2000 I was a 3 clicker. After that I switched to Tiger Woods 07 and stayed 3 clicking. When I went to Tiger Woods 08 I switched to True Swing. I scored the same either way. Not here though. 3 click is all I can do here.
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Well I have played them all and the trouble with RTSM and RTSC "only with a legit controller" is that you must play all the time to be any good and if you dont you will be shooting 75 to 80 every round. Being retired and on the road travelling a lot I dont play as much as I used to and now play about 4 to 6 rounds a week and that is why I went back to 3C. Playing 3C I understand it and have played it since Links385 and know how to get around the course and able to at least play under par at Pro. Yes it also requires a lot of practice but if you have been playing it forever its still easier than the others. I also believe that the only difference between Pro and TP is the overhead as I can score the same with both levels. The problem is the Jump from Amateur to Pro is to steep and have always said that and people go from the lower level to Pro and get frustrated and dont play as much as they dont have as much fun. If we had a play the level you want I would go back and forth between Pro and TP as I sometimes have to really play fast and the overhead is much easier to play fast. Maybe letting people play what level they want will get more people back and whats wrong with playing a different level each week if you want as points go by the level anyway. I also might give the Amateur a chance to try Pro once in a while to see if they can handle it vs a score telling them they have no choice. Just my thoughts.
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Post by JMK59 »

Greensboronclion wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:44 am I also believe that the only difference between Pro and TP is the overhead as I can score the same with both levels.
Somewhat off the main topic...

The difference between TP and Pro, just talking about missing the snap, is in the greater distance loss and larger launch direction penalties for TP. The putting penalties are identical for both TP and Pro.

Taking account of the two balls at each level (Avent = longer distance; Caliber = more accurate), the combination of TP with Caliber produce the same snap penalties as Pro with Avent. I've done a lot of testing to confirm this.

So between combinations of TP, Pro, Avent, and Caliber we really have only three difficulty levels. Also...if you overswing the Caliber to 125%, you get the standard 100% Avant distance.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

SimChars1968 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:38 pm These comments about a shot going exactly as you see it and the satisfaction from that happening is exactly why I don't understand why people don't ditch the 'meters' and try RTSM. You are never sure if you will get that draw or fade you want(even when using the shot shaper), because it is like golf IRL, you can set up and move the mouse how you intend the shot to go, but one slight thing out and you can end up with a completely different outcome. This just makes the game so damn immersive and enjoyable, and kudos to those players that score low using this method because it can be brutal at the higher skill levels. Probably why the clickers are reluctant to try it!
One major reason is that their disability and/or arthritis in the wrist and elbow does not allow a player to use anything other swing method other than the 3Click Meter.

Secondly. Due to the fact that some of us 3Clickers have learned how to bend the ball with early and late snaps is instintive after 20+ years of PC Video Golf Games.

I too tried mouse-moving through the years on various golf titles. Bleck! :thumbdown: No fun for me in any way, shape or form.

Classic 3Clicker forever! :flex:

At Tour Pro level, the missed Snap in the image will fade (slice) the ball about 30 to 60 yards from 250+ yards away from the green. Even more off trajectory if the swing is a power-swing just shy of 2:o'clock :ohmy:

Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Leegolfer wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:24 am One major reason is that their disability and/or arthritis in the wrist and elbow does not allow a player to use anything other swing method other than the 3Click Meter.
Having recently been diagnosed with Arthritis throughout my whole body, I concur with this, I too have had to stop using motion swing and start again with 3 click, a move I didn't want to make as I find 3 click rather boring, but the difference between amateur and pro on motion swing is huge something PG need to address, and of course PGLS need to look at their disability stance as of today they have not got one, a player may play well at Amateur but his/her disability might be to much for pro given the huge void.
Greensboronclion wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:44 am The problem is the Jump from Amateur to Pro is to steep and have always said that and people go from the lower level to Pro and get frustrated and dont play as much as they dont have as much fun.
Again I agree seen a lot of players on here playing less in tourneys but more in lobby games where they choose their playing level.
Seasider47 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:03 pm It may be fun for the player whos skill helps him to score between -20 to -30 in a 4 round Tour but can be very frustrating for those that have a personel best and only achieve -10 for the same 4 rounds. The present scoring system has had a vast improvement which has meant a more competitive game
Absolute rubbish what you mean is its better for you Paul. What do you suggest we do with Tour pros shooting -45 or more never mind -20 to -30, to make it more competitive in the higher levels, never mind just your level?
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Affo wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:42 pm Try looking at wgt pages, promotion from the different tiers is at different scores..and you went up whether you felt you were ready or not. I've saved you the trouble:

You need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack to saturate before reaching Amateur.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.

You need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur to saturate before reaching Pro.

When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro..

You need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro to saturate before reaching Tour Pro.

When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to Tour Pro.

You need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro to saturate before reaching Master.

When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master.

You need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master to saturate before reaching Tour Master.

When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master.

You need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master to saturate before reaching Legend.

When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend.

You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend to saturated ( average stops going up ) before reaching Tour Legend.
When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend.

You need to play at least 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend to saturate ( average stops going up ).
When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Tour Legend to Champion.

You need to play an additional 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend before reaching Champion.

You need to play another 200 ranked rounds as a Champion to saturate ( average stops going up ).

The actual averages are about 3 shots better than the adjusted levels and of course it differs with each player depending on whether they played in an easier scoring event or not. Pro is also the biggest field, so beating 80% of that field....time to go up.

You can of course have your opinion on whether you think it's fair or not.

Just for the record, the month you went up from Amateur to Pro, you averaged (real average) 64.20 which was over 5 shots per round better than the average Amateur, not the less skilled ones and your average beat 67 out of 72 Pro players and 23 our of 34 Tour Pros...think you were ready.
Lets put WGT levels in perspective with ours, firstly an amateur on WGT is probably like a beginner here, so we can ignore most of the first few WGT levels, our Amateur probably equates to Legend, as our Pro would equate to Tour Legend and our Tour pro to WGTs champion. on WGT, to get promoted you need to shoot 50 ranked rounds and 61 average to go to Legend, as it happens my average was 59.98 when I went to Legend (our amateur) So working on WGTs levelling up stats I would need to have 500 ranked rounds at Amateur(Legend on WGT ) and a average better than 60 to get promoted to Pro( Tour Legend on WGT ) which I am no where near, nor was I when promoted. So in my opinion players are levelled up far to soon on this site.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Lol, it was just to show you that the levels for promotion differed on WGT just like ours, cannot really compare the 2 as WGT is a pay to win site in essence though of course you can do it free too.

No, when you were promoted, you were just outscoring nearly all the level above and most of the top level, maybe not winning, but in fairness for the site, time to move up. You were a little unlucky in that you were the 4th lowest scoring Amateur that month and was only just inside the promotion mark, but sadly can't have rules for each individual, got to be the same for all or not bother with any.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ

Return to “General Discussion”