Stableford Points

Post here anything to do with the Stableford 9 tourney.

Which points allocation would you prefer to use in the Stableford 9 tourney ...

Poll ended at Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Leave it as it currently is
32%
Use the modified points used previously in the PGA
68%

Total votes: 37

RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Stableford Points

Post by RandyG »

bobfletch wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:01 pm Who the hell is Albert Ross?!
Albert Ross may refer to:

People

Albert Ross (Albatros), whose name is reputed to inspire Albatros automobiles
Albert Randolph Ross, 1868–1948, American architect with widespread works
Albert S. Ross, architect in Oklahoma, United States
Albert Henry Ross, 1881–1950, English advertising agent and freelance writer
Albert Ross, defendant of the United States v. Ross court case
Albert Ross, retired owner of Ross (bicycles)
Albert Ross, former councilman of the Navajo Nation
Albert Ross, co-collaborator of the song, "Ahoy There!", from the Mr. Scruff album, Trouser Jazz

Fictional

Albert Ross, fictional character of the 1987 novel Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Albert Ross, fictional one-time character, portrayed by John Henshaw, of "The Heart of a Man", the television episode of Heartbeat

Other uses

"Albert Ross", song by Deviations Project from self-titled album, derivative of Fleetwood Mac song, "Albatross"
"Albert Ross", song by Medium 21 from Killings from the Dial

:cheesy: :biggrin: :harhar: lol
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

Randy, you really do have too much time on your hands!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year mate!!
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Greensboronclion wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:56 am Playing the points as it really is on PGA tour is the preferred way but either way it's a catch 22. No matter which way you go the same people will be at the top but the chance to get higher points for eagle and double eagle is enticing but only if you got to think about the chance of going negative 3 points if you miss which is why I like the official PGA setup. Think about it your down 7 points on last hole and got 260 over water for a shot to win or if you miss you finish 10 back. Could be fun but only if there is a penalty if you risk and lose and zero points is not a risk. Same with bogey you shouldn't be rewarded for bogey and Par should be zero.
Rob is spot on. Yes, if we use the proposed new system, players that get more eagles will get more points, but...as per Rob's scenario (and I did just this in the PGA18 this week, I went for it and ended up with a triple bogey...imagine if someone else had eagled it...an 11 pts swing on one hole!!).

One event fellas, just trying to freshen it up as it is the least played of the 4 main events.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

in this weeks stable i finished 9 points behind Andy....with this new system i finished 19 points behind him....
Cubs moves from 7 to 14 points behind Andy.....where is the logic
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

Seasider47 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm I'm happy with the present system, think its a bit harsh to take away any hard earned points because you won them fair and square. Plus + 11 would give too much advantage for anyone who has an albertross (which on the rare times it happens is a very lucky shot) the present system often leads to a competitive and close game.
have you ever tried anything new paul? lol
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

I am voting leave as it is but would like to suggest a couple of small additions. Would like 1 point added for putts made over 25ft and chips made over 30ft to change things up a little. The other options seems to add too many points. My suggestion would just add a point here and there that could make a difference when point totals are close which happens a lot minus Affo scores.
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

Riddler wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:12 pm I am voting leave as it is but would like to suggest a couple of small additions. Would like 1 point added for putts made over 25ft and chips made over 30ft to change things up a little. The other options seem to add too many points. My suggestion would just add a point here and there that could make a difference when point totals are close which happens a lot minus Affo scores.
got to agree with Alan's ideas here. I think the only thing that is going to happen with the new structure.
modified_stableford.png
modified_stableford.png (6.47 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
is it will favor only a few players. since it is also one of the tourneys in which the rankings are made up from
the taking away of points will only chase people away from playing it.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Well just like the vote for levels in tours the result will stand whether the right one or not.
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

I cant believe your gonna change this already fair tourney....zero points for pars? and minus for bogies...players are gonna end up with minus scores here and will stop playing....at least just trail it for a few weeks and see
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

NIBNOB wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:18 am I cant believe your gonna change this already fair tourney....zero points for pars? and minus for bogies...players are gonna end up with minus scores here and will stop playing....at least just trail it for a few weeks and see
i dont see the difference to any other event mark most of us sit on 20 or 30 shots behind the same old leaders. its something different so keeps the site fresh

Return to “Stableford 9”