Player Levels

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.

How should a players level be decide upon in the PGLS Tours ...

Poll ended at Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Existing PGLS Level
74%
Choose your own level
26%

Total votes: 76

Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Player Levels

Post by Affo »

Shame that not even the number of people who have signed up have placed a vote..though I suppose not having a view either is fine too.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
scoops100
Steam Profile name (Required): scoops100
Has Liked: 37 times
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by scoops100 »

TERBAL SAID I went to tp level recently on the understanding that i will never win an event again
Now I know what he meant. I to was moved to TP and am struggling .Some days I'm not bad but when the rheumatism kicks in on my hands I really struggle if I could have voted for everyone to play the same level I would have . Be it pro or am everyone would be in the same boat. I know a lot won't agree with me but it's just my twopenneth worth .
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

scoops100 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:52 pm TERBAL SAID I went to tp level recently on the understanding that i will never win an event again
Now I know what he meant. I to was moved to TP and am struggling .Some days I'm not bad but when the rheumatism kicks in on my hands I really struggle if I could have voted for everyone to play the same level I would have . Be it pro or am everyone would be in the same boat. I know a lot won't agree with me but it's just my twopenneth worth .
i said what i said about not winning at TP level meaning the top 3/4 are to good . i dont find TP level that much harder than pro as soon as you sort out the aiming.
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

As tour players will not be able to improve their competitiveness by choosing their own playing level, I might be able to assist in another way.

I have a putting chart and a chipping/pitching chart which I have decided to make available to anyone who would like to use them. I have found them to be almost priceless and would struggle without them!

If you want to take advantage of this offer just send me a personal message - no fee required lol :biggrin:
terbal

Post by terbal »

my putting chart is essential to my game but that is the only chart i use even though i do have charts for every club in my bag that show distances for different spin and power.
Duval 59
Steam Profile name (Required): Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

I guess this points system pretty much closes the case for the championship up for Affo(whatever tour he's playing), as he consistently shoots two shot better than everyone else a round at the highest level. :clapping: Good luck to all, this will be a monumental task for us all.
"Grip It & Rip It"
Duval 59
Steam Profile name (Required): Duval 59

Post by Duval 59 »

Terbal,
This is the problem with any non-handicap points system in golf. These points systems do not take into consideration all the defining facts of how, on what and with what, physical issues of the players, extenuating circumstances of internet connections, etc...of how players play the game every day as they are being scored. However, a real handicap point system can only do this. We have a few different methods of play available for us in the game itself that are very different from each other in their own ways. Cross that with methods of play such as mouse, finger click, controller, and track pad and we have that many more levels of play attainable to certain levels for the individuals playing. Introduce physical capabilities or non-physical abilities for those of us who are getting older, and you have even more. True handicap is the only way to have a true points system allowing everyone to compete at all these afore mentioned levels. Just my humble opinion, I did not make handicaps up, golf organizations around the world play with them. Can't imagine seeing this current system, PGLS or PGA Tours, used at the local golf club. Anyhow, not playing in any PGLS level adjusting events as there is too big a jump for me from amateur to pro in the way I choose to play to be competitive. Love playing with you all, look forwards to playing in some events and on tour. See you on the course.
"Grip It & Rip It"
terbal

Post by terbal »

the question i like answered how does a pro level shoot a 56???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? this is 3 shots lower than any tp could manage?
Affo

Post by Affo »

terbal wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:27 pm the question i like answered how does a pro level shoot a 56???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? this is 3 shots lower than any tp could manage?
Where Terry? I've looked and can't see a 56 by anyone...it is getting late mind, eyes could be playing tricks. :blink:

Affo

Post by Affo »

Hang on, maybe it's in round 4 which I haven't played yet, so can't see the score...ignore my question.

Return to “PGLS Tours”