a point about points

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Re: a point about points

Post by Perculator »

I will go on record supporting a simple handicap system based on scoring alone.
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

this post was about the unfair tour points system. because of that i have no incentive to play well in the tour events any more but gl to every one
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

Well the post did cross over and cover a few issues; points, level playing field and handicaps.

One thing is certain; once you master TP there is no movement to make it a challenge other than a swing change and that would be up to the player IMHO.

randy
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

RandyG wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:27 pm Well the post did cross over and cover a few issues; points, level playing field and handicaps.

One thing is certain; once you master TP there is no movement to make it a challenge other than a swing change and that would be up to the player IMHO.

randy
I think there are far more people, like myself, that play 3 click TP but come nowhere near mastering it. The 4 or 5 guys at the top do not even get a look from me. I pick a few players that I want to compete with and go from there. Bottom line 3 click Tour Pro is more than enough challenge for me.
terbal

Post by terbal »

RandyG wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:27 pm Well the post did cross over and cover a few issues; points, level playing field and handicaps.

randy
i moved myself to tp level and didnt find it much different from pro level except the aiming. but looking at the top players i accepted the fact with my equipment i wasnt going to get near the top of the overall leaderboard so went back to pro hoping i could win enough points to compete but alas that is not possible with the system as it is. if i play well ill be fighting for 20th overall. this is not my reason for playing im a very competitive person and the incentive is not there anymore.maybe i need to move on will give it a lot of thinking.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Dave, nothing wrong with a bit of discussion, who cares if we've been round the houses before...as long as it stays positive and not get personal, nice to see some activity and discussion imho.

Terry, you want to compete at the top of the points, move back to TP and concentrate then if you are so competitive? Also, you told me Sikkum would win if he concentrated...then tell him to concentrate then? more competition at the top is always welcome.

For info, there are 4 Pros in top 20 after 3 weeks...well done to those guys.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
terbal

Post by terbal »

the fact you mention that 4 pro's are in top 20 is not a justification but an indictment of the system.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

In Fact if you look in PGLS Stats for January 2020 thier are 36 Tour Pros listed, Of these 26 of them are in the top 40 players. There are 13 Pros listed in the top 40 some of these will move up to Tour Pro in the future. There is just one Amateur in the top 60 who is expected to move up to pro very soon.

The stats show that most players are in the correct level of play much more than they have in the past.
terbal

Post by terbal »

Seasider47 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm In Fact if you look in PGLS Stats for January 2020 thier are 36 Tour Pros listed, Of these 26 of them are in the top 40 players. There are 13 Pros listed in the top 40 some of these will move up to Tour Pro in the future. There is just one Amateur in the top 60 who is expected to move up to pro very soon.

The stats show that most players are in the correct level of play much more than they have in the past.
what are you talking about??????????????? this post is about tour points.
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 285 times
Been Liked: 52 times

Post by cubbies645 »

terbal u are about a pest that u cant dispose of u keep coming back and back nothing works, must be either lonely, bored, love to be in the mix and have the final word something weird like that, pretty much every post u have something to say like u are the godsent of the fourms, the master of the comments im sure i am going to catch some shit about this for u are a god and nothing can strike u down the real admin of the pgls but u know what cubbies is not afired so bring it bottom feeder lmao, i expect a ban so ill take my punishment for voicing my opinion, as the communist party rules the vote is in and this is my thought,s so bring it and all your back up i am ready, what u got to say now terbal... :mad: :mad:

Return to “PGLS Tours”