Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Re: Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post by JMK59 »

Could do the playoff format like we do the Gold & Silver Cups.

Top 30 play for the Gold Fedex Trophy; next 30 play for the Silver Fedex Trophy.

Also...attached is the current 2022 Fedex Schedule.
Schedules-2022.xlsx
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

Seasider47 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:53 pm I like the seperate tous and the guest tours. That gives you the chance to miss any course That you dont like. Its what happens in real golf you get the chuice to play iether in America or Europe.
I also like the idea of separate tours for the same reason. It is good to have the guest tour concept where you can change from a course you don't like and there are some I really have trouble with.

I guess with a combined international tour every round then is virtually like a Major or WGC event ?

Just a thought but I love PGLS Tours and will play whatever the final result.
Flyer01
Steam Profile name (Required): Flyer01
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by Flyer01 »

This is my favorite tour but I'm open to changes except any form of handicaps. Anything that resembles a handicap and I'm out. Nobody got a handicap to play Tiger.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

From a PM I received:

gbodave

Came to the same conclusion myself. I play the Pro Continental Tour. Fields are too small.
Ragnar
Steam Profile name (Required): HanBuaal
Has Liked: 44 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Ragnar »

I also like the Tour in actual way, because you can select what course you like to play. to bring both together is a idear but i like to play like in real
i'm no certified 3 Clicker but a real Sportmen :laugh: :joy:
Mailman
Steam Profile name (Required): Mailman
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Mailman »

I am quite happy for the status quo re having seperate tours - maybe have more exemptions available or the ability to use more of the existing exemptions in each quarter (if that makes sense). So you could use more than 3 exemptions in each leg if you wished but no more than say 50% of the total exemptions available to you.

Make sure that a particular course is not used on different dates on the 2 tours would be another suggestion (assuming that this is already the case).
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Even though i am not playing at the moment, I would say having the choice which event you play in each week rather than select at start of each Period would be good. A player could "jet" back and forth between the Tours. Smaller fields are inevitable as players slowly drift away. There will always be a hardcore group that will play but the leaderboards will slowly shrink, just how it is.

To combat this, maybe have one Tour with a Divisions style to it. Split into 2 "Divisions" with promotion/relegation after each third of say top 10?

Bit like the Euro Tour and the Pro Tour and likewise they have in US now.

Just some ideas.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I set PGA18 and PGA9 for over 2 years I based PGA18 on the USA PG tour and PGA9 on the European tour I found there were enough good European courses to use. My fear is that if the tours are combined there would be more courses from one continent used. Presently we have a good balance and the choices would be lost. I count at least 14 link type courses in My Tour schedule, my fear is this would be reduced. Lets keep the tours seperate just like in real golf
SJude
Steam Profile name (Required): SJUDE
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 52 times

Post by SJude »

I have always liked the idea of the two separate Tours, no reason other than I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I understand with participation changes may need to be made. If you must go to one, I like the idea of a Fedex type playoff system, but I would involve everyone. The first of 3 playoff events could be opened to everyone, take roughly the top 56% for week two, and the top 43% from week 2 go on to the Tour Championship. This could be scored separately so that everyone (whether in the playoffs or not) could still play the tournament. This of course does add more work for the Admins and I would understand not liking that. Either way I am good, appreciate everyone's hard work and efforts.
Wirenut48
Steam Profile name (Required): wirenut48
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Wirenut48 »

If it remains twin tours, I would like to see an increase to the limit of guest tournaments one can play.

For a single tour, maybe add a Handicap leaderboard filter, so one would have another way to compare their play against the field. This may help keep current field size up as the weekend golfer sees his name even further down the gross leaderboard. Could even spark new interest in the Tour.
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 BTF WIFI, i9-14900K, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6000-CL30, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB+2TB M.2, ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti SUPER BTF, Sony XR-X85X95J@120Hz, HTC Vive

Return to “PGLS Tours”