GPU at 80-100% all the time

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
ledsvik
Steam Profile name (Required): ledsvik
Has Liked: 60 times
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: GPU at 80-100% all the time

Post by ledsvik »

Now it works for me.... only thing I did was to toggle Game Mode Off, start PG, then toggled it On again...... hmm
Crusher
Steam Profile name (Required): Crusher
Has Liked: 75 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by Crusher »

@ledvik
If your power supply unit does not have a enough watts for your system (especially the GPU) then the GPU will be straining to get more power. This makes the power % very high and can brick your GPU.

What is your PSU wattage? Mine is 850. I always suggest to people who are first time PC builders to buy a PSU that is 200-300 Watts more than their GPU requirements. My GPU requires a 500W PSU
ledsvik
Steam Profile name (Required): ledsvik
Has Liked: 60 times
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by ledsvik »

Crusher wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:37 am @ledvik
If your power supply unit does not have a enough watts for your system (especially the GPU) then the GPU will be straining to get more power. This makes the power % very high and can brick your GPU.

What is your PSU wattage? Mine is 850. I always suggest to people who are first time PC builders to buy a PSU that is 200-300 Watts more than their GPU requirements. My GPU requires a 500W PSU
Got a pre-built MSI rig så its all good now :good: