2022 Open Championship

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
JoeMen
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeMen
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Re: 2022 Open Championship

Post by JoeMen »

Agree SJude, just replying to the original post
http://www.goranmentzer.st
PRO - Real Time Swing Mouse
charlieb
Steam Profile name (Required): charllieb
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by charlieb »

Not to beat a dead horse, but if the weather forecasters are the same over there as here, they can hardly get the next days weather correct, but insist on giving you long range forecasts.
That being said, setting up the tours especially this one is at least 3 days in advance of actual weather conditions, so the long range outlook may have been for wet weather during actual play.
Of course if there were hard FW and greens we may be having a whole different conversation..LOL..Just sayin!

Over and Out.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

If Rick was not trying to offend me, he could have put his comments in a less offensive way, then this, "The conditions for this week's Open Championship are, in my opinion, a joke. Not even a good joke, but a bad one." Hard not to take offense to that. I spend a lot of time setting pins and conditions and to be told they are a joke just rubs me the wrong way.
TheOtherRick
Steam Profile name (Required): TheOtherRick
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by TheOtherRick »

@ Riddler...personal offense was not my intent. I could and should have chosen my words a bit better. For that much, I will apologize. SJude actually made a better point as to my dismay at the settings. Soft fairways allow for no roll out. Conditions at St Andrews over the weekend were likely the easiest they have ever been in an Open Championship, and the scores reflected that fact, but that was largely due to the greens being far more receptive and the wind being much lower than normal. But as SJude pointed out, the roll out on fairways was still there, even in the weather conditions of the tourney.

In my opinion, I would hope that the PGLS Tours tournaments would try to mimic the conditions of the PGA Tour. Soft fairways with no roll out seldom, if ever, exist on the tour. And certainly not at St Andrews, as exhibited this weekend. I really do appreciate all the unpaid time spent in setting tourneys. I really don't care what the conditions are on all the other tourneys that PGLS hosts. But the PGLS Tours...I feel there is little or no place for soft fairways.
To Thine Own Self Be True

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

I appreciate your apology and your comments. Your comments make sense. When I look at weather conditions, I also look at temperatures. A temperature below 60 and winds means that the fairways should not be hard when upper 70's and above fairways and greens can easily be hard. I guess I am looking at it the wrong way. I will keep in mind your comments for future tournaments.
whattashot
Steam Profile name (Required): whattashot
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by whattashot »

So, my statement saying there are no soft greens in this game is wrong? Everyone keeps mentioning soft greens...where? Because Riddler said so in the the description of the round? I can hit a 7 iron with full loft on those greens (set at soft) and it will go 10 YARDS past where it hits, even if it hits 5 yards in front of the pin. A real life soft green should check up within 5 feet of where it lands. Its the same as reading the winds are "breezy", 10mph. There will be 12 - 13 mph winds in the game.
Drgnslyr221
Steam Profile name (Required): Drgnslyr221
Has Liked: 28 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by Drgnslyr221 »

I played St Andrews once and it was cold and damp and it rained for about 20 minutes before and I ended up driving the ball 15 yards past the green off the tee on 9. Keep in mind my longest drive down the fairway at the time was 325. The group ahead said it hit the back of the last pot bunker and just shot through the green.

So, yeah those fairways are fast all the time
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - 99.2%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080S (Super) - 141.8%
SSD: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB - 160.5%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 109.3%
RAM: Hynix HMA82GU6CJR8N-VK 1x16GB - 51%
MBD: Asus ROG Strix G15CX_G15CX
TheOtherRick
Steam Profile name (Required): TheOtherRick
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by TheOtherRick »

@ whattashot - Again...this wasn't about the greens. It was about the soft fairways with little to no roll out that have been prevalent in many PGLS Tours tournaments. No claim that your statement was wrong, just not the topic of concern.
To Thine Own Self Be True

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Return to “PGLS Tours”