EA PGA Golf

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Segwin
Steam Profile name (Required): tjmccann
Has Liked: 3 times

Re: EA PGA Golf

Post by Segwin »

Hello all,

New to JNPG and just purchased it today.

I haven't golfed in years and when I was active I played Links 2003. Retired now so I thought I'd get back into the swing of things as it were.

I purchased EA PGA Golf, played it for an hour and asked for a refund. The dynamics of the ball were so much different than Links 2003 that it just didn't feel right. I hit a tree with a drive and the ball hit the tree and fell to the ground like it was a 200 pound lead weight. The ball hits the rough and rolls forever. Putting seemed off as well. Perhaps after it has had sometime to mature I'll look at it again.

When my father was alive we use to go golfing a lot so I know what it's like on a real course. After he passed I never went again.

Terry
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

Welcome! Links 2003 was an excellent game and so is JNPG. We have many tournaments to enter so I hope to see on the leader board soon.

Alan AKA Riddler
OnyxCarp
Steam Profile name (Required): OnyxCarp
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by OnyxCarp »

Welcome to our small community of 'true' golf sim players. Unlike EA PGA and that other one that I won't touch (HB), you will find much better ball-to-ground physics than anywhere. Usually, because JNPG isn't perfect (you'll find its quirks), but certainly more true to life than those arcadey alternatives. May you have many pleasant memories of the good old times, playing.

John AKA OnyxCarp
MSI X299-A Pro board - RTX 2070 Super 8GB - Intel i9-10900X CPU - 64 GB RAM - 1 TB x2 SSD/HDD - Win10
Drgnslyr221
Steam Profile name (Required): Drgnslyr221
Has Liked: 28 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by Drgnslyr221 »

OnyxCarp wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:46 pm Welcome to our small community of 'true' golf sim players. Unlike EA PGA and that other one that I won't touch (HB), you will find much better ball-to-ground physics than anywhere. Usually, because JNPG isn't perfect (you'll find its quirks), but certainly more true to life than those arcadey alternatives. May you have many pleasant memories of the good old times, playing.

John AKA OnyxCarp
Go try to break 70 on Sim mode then in the new EA game. Yes, arcade and pro are stupid easy, but so is pro on JNPG. Giving crap to EA about difficulty when 60 is regularly broken weekly here is disingenuous at best.

The lack of mouse swing is stupid, I'll agree on that. And the online and store are abysmal at this time.

The courses feel real and immersive. I'd have a hard time finding 30 courses in JNPG'S library that are as immersive as they are.

The tree collisions aren't any worse than any other golf game including JNPG.

Unless you're swinging an actual club it is not a simulation, sorry.
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - 99.2%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080S (Super) - 141.8%
SSD: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB - 160.5%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB - 109.3%
RAM: Hynix HMA82GU6CJR8N-VK 1x16GB - 51%
MBD: Asus ROG Strix G15CX_G15CX
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

Drgnslyr221 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:03 pm
OnyxCarp wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:46 pm Welcome to our small community of 'true' golf sim players. Unlike EA PGA and that other one that I won't touch (HB), you will find much better ball-to-ground physics than anywhere. Usually, because JNPG isn't perfect (you'll find its quirks), but certainly more true to life than those arcadey alternatives. May you have many pleasant memories of the good old times, playing.

John AKA OnyxCarp
Go try to break 70 on Sim mode then in the new EA game. Yes, arcade and pro are stupid easy, but so is pro on JNPG. Giving crap to EA about difficulty when 60 is regularly broken weekly here is disingenuous at best.

The lack of mouse swing is stupid, I'll agree on that. And the online and store are abysmal at this time.

The courses feel real and immersive. I'd have a hard time finding 30 courses in JNPG'S library that are as immersive as they are.

The tree collisions aren't any worse than any other golf game including JNPG.

Unless you're swinging an actual club it is not a simulation, sorry.
got to agree with you I am having a fun ol time with it. there is a lot to do in the challenges
and it seems to keep me busy. got 106 hours in so far and I don't see myself turning back
the courses are very nicely done graphics are great and the game play while taking a bit to get used to
is good to. give this a couple of months are see where it is at then, been asking for a mouse swing like was in TWO
who knows maYBE IT WILL COME ALONG, whoops.

have a good one
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

I disagree. PGLS Open this month out of 104 rounds only 4 are under 60. It really depends on conditions but rounds under 60 are rare.
TheOtherRick
Steam Profile name (Required): TheOtherRick
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by TheOtherRick »

Very early in this thread, I stated that I was going to adopt a "wait and see" attitude before purchasing this game. Well...I am still waiting. There are a couple of deal breakers for me.

1 - No turn based online play. The thing I enjoy most about PG and PGLS is the ability to play along side our comrades in PGLS tournaments.
2 - According to reviews, terrible PC interface. I play video games exclusively on PC. I don't even own a controller anymore.

If EA can get these two elements...what's the word...fixed, patched, optimized...whatever...I will consider dropping 70-ish dollars US. Until then, I am still in "wait and see" mode. I did buy 2K23, and I have had fun with it. Playing career mode there is a nice diversion from PG now and again. I don't need to spend 70 more dollars for a game with the same MOP when I already have one. We all know PG has its faults that will never be fixed, but it is, IMHO, the best online play video golf game out there.
To Thine Own Self Be True

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

Just read a comment from someone who has just purchased EA Golf.

They said that the 3 click option is 3 KEYBOARD clicks not mouse clicks.

Are they kidding ???????????
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

talking crap, of course, the 3c can be done with a mouse, keyboard, or controller
they more than likely have not even had the game long enough to figure things out.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

davefv92c wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:24 pm talking crap, of course, the 3c can be done with a mouse, keyboard, or controller
they more than likely have not even had the game long enough to figure things out.
Yes thought it sounded a bit strange.

Return to “General Discussion”