Hard/Soft

Post here anything to do with the The Caincalaway Classic tourney.

Moderator: Caincalaway

Caincalaway
Steam Profile name (Required): spookiesgore
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Hard/Soft

Post by Caincalaway »

For future reference, how do we feel about hard fairways and soft greens (or vice-versa)? Yay, nay, indifferent? I want the tone of the CC to be light and fun, or at least not as realistic as other tournies. But if people aren't crazy about the idea, I can take a different route.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Re: Hard/Soft

Post by Riddler »

I don't like hard greens but use them in tournaments. I would not use them here but soft and normal in any combination would think would be fine. As you already see the first round was too easy for most and second seemed quite a bit harder, though, I have not played it yet. Wind at 0 to 4 would also be okay, I think. Interesting format. The caddy does get it wrong mostly on sand, chip and rough shots.
Caincalaway
Steam Profile name (Required): spookiesgore
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Caincalaway »

Well, the idea is to make one round easier and then the second round is more challenging. We'll see how it goes.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

Caincalaway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:14 pm Well, the idea is to make one round easier and then the second round is more challenging. We'll see how it goes.
That is a good idea and agree.
mwalimu
Steam Profile name (Required): mwalimu
Has Liked: 16 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by mwalimu »

I know of one regular player who prefers hard fairways and soft greens when setting up for casual play. That said, hard fairways can be pretty challenging on courses where some of the fairways have a notable cross slope. Pebble Beach comes to mind.
mwalimu

Chuck Norris can get an albatross on a par 3.

Return to “The Caincalaway Classic”