Scoring becoming ridiculous

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Gerfaut
Steam Profile name (Required): Gerfaut

Re: Scoring becoming ridiculous

Post by Gerfaut »

I know a good kind to cheat : lot of money to the referee or to the recorder of scores :) Have fun! :cheesy:
« Un bon joueur a toujours de la chance. » Jose Raul Capablanca
Domino

Steam Profile name (Required): Domino

Post by Domino »

OK so I don’t normally post anything on this forum or any others, because they are all full of the same old same old, But when the finger is pointed at me for cheating ( I scored 28 in the Stableford this week) It’s time to retaliate, There is only one person who knows if someone is cheating or not and that’s the person themselves, and I know I am NOT.

Some of the cheats available according to someone in the know, are either sorted out by the system or are way beyond my limited computer skills.

To all the people who say or think “ He is getting a better score than me ..he must be cheating” can I suggest you do what I did when the game was in early access, get yourself on the practice range or Woody practice course and spend weeks and weeks and weeks hitting shot after shot with every club in your bag and find out how far each club goes on each dot in the swing meter, then divide each section between dots into 5 and see how far every club in your bag goes for dot 5+1 then dot 5+2 for example and so on until you have a list as long as you arm of where to stop on the meter to get a 7 Iron to carry 160 yards or a 3 Iron to carry 205 yards for example. And then remember it.

Then you need to find out how far each club rolls out on a flat green (Woody’s practice is best for this) so you spend more weeks and weeks and weeks compiling a list and know that a 7 Iron at normal loft will roll out 9 yards and a 3 Iron at full de-loft will roll out 14 yards etc etc, then you have to do the same with putting….. I think you get the picture.

So before you start pointing the finger at anyone just stop and think, … why is a Pro golfer better than me on a real golf course… because they PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and hit hundreds and hundreds of ball a week.
LES1959
Steam Profile name (Required): LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

nah then me ole mukka, just ta point a fact, that cant be cheating thas a yorkshireman like me, we supposed to be too thick to do owt like that
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

Crusher wrote:
Biffa wrote:
Crusher wrote:1. Bad shot. Close the game while ball is in mid flight. Hope that it goes unnoticed in meta-data.
Try that on PGLS its a penalty stroke per closedown.
Crusher wrote:. Pretend to be using the classic three click mouse-swing during sign-up at a tournament site.
Your swing choice is automatically recorded to and registers against your round
screenshot 1.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg
Crusher wrote: Edge, even with motion swing for a perfect line.
I use motion swing and I fail to see any advantage of a straight edge, I'm only moving my mouse between 1 and 2 inches to hit a full shot and if anything a straight edge would be a hindrance as motion swing is all about your tempo, get that wrong you have a hook or a slice.

On points 2 and 4 I cannot comment as I have not tried a controller and have no idea what a hacked driver is. However the main cheat I have heard of is the cheat engine which slows the meter down for 3 clickers but again I believe there is or soon to be a anti cheat for this from PG.

Here at PGLS Mark and his staff work hard to try make this game as fair as possible for all members to enjoy and threads like this just cause unneccessary concern to the membership and are not wanted.

HOWEVER if anyone has any PROOF whatsoever another player is cheating please forward it to any member of the admin team and believe me it will be dealt with accordingly.

Enjoy your games. :drinks:

Even you're duped if you believe everything you see and hear.
Would you like to elaborate on that Lee, as you are saying that an admin doesn't understand the workings of how we do things as well as you do?
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

MiMiC wrote:
Crusher wrote:
Biffa wrote:
Try that on PGLS its a penalty stroke per closedown.

Your swing choice is automatically recorded to and registers against your round
screenshot 1.jpg
screenshot 2.jpg

I use motion swing and I fail to see any advantage of a straight edge, I'm only moving my mouse between 1 and 2 inches to hit a full shot and if anything a straight edge would be a hindrance as motion swing is all about your tempo, get that wrong you have a hook or a slice.

On points 2 and 4 I cannot comment as I have not tried a controller and have no idea what a hacked driver is. However the main cheat I have heard of is the cheat engine which slows the meter down for 3 clickers but again I believe there is or soon to be a anti cheat for this from PG.

Here at PGLS Mark and his staff work hard to try make this game as fair as possible for all members to enjoy and threads like this just cause unneccessary concern to the membership and are not wanted.

HOWEVER if anyone has any PROOF whatsoever another player is cheating please forward it to any member of the admin team and believe me it will be dealt with accordingly.

Enjoy your games. :drinks:

Would you like to elaborate on that Lee, as you are saying that an admin doesn't understand the workings of how we do things as well as you do?

Indeed I do Mike. People will sign-up on a 3rd party site as a 3clicker, using their mouse. However, after they start playing tournaments, matches and events they can plug in a controller and use it at the same time they have a mouse plugged in.
SimChars1968
Steam Profile name (Required): SimChars1968
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by SimChars1968 »

Domino

No where in my posts have I accused anyone of cheating, I was getting at how unrealistic it is to be able to shoot a score that low on a course set up like this. I believe PP need to look at ways in which the game can be made more of a challenge. The short game is one area in which this could be achieved, by making the ball strike less predictable etc etc. I actually praised these players' ability to shoot such scores.

In hindsight, it was probably inevitable where this post was going to head, and I wish I hadn't posted it now. I would have no objections if the Admin's took it down or closed it. You have my sincerest apologies as I did not intend for such accusations to come from this.

SimChars1968
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

Hello,

Just a couple of cents.

I do use both, the controller and 3-click mouse but 99.9% of the time I use the mouse. I only use the controller when I want to sit back and be lazy.
The controller does nothing to help my score and while I'm at it the mouse doesn't either :biggrin:

I didn't know I was locked into only using what I signed up as (3-click w/dots)
Help me here; if I'm only to use the mouse then so be it?

The bickering is relevant on any sim game. We must play on and enjoy, not worry about others; we have admin for that.

A quick shout out to Domino, congrats, a 28 is a 28 and must have been a rush at the end :good:

randy
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

smokingrooves wrote:Hello,

Just a couple of cents.

I do use both, the controller and 3-click mouse but 99.9% of the time I use the mouse. I only use the controller when I want to sit back and be lazy.
The controller does nothing to help my score and while I'm at it the mouse doesn't either :biggrin:

The bickering is relevant on any sim game. We must play on and enjoy, not worry about others; we have admin for that.

A quick shout out to Domino, congrats, a 28 is a 28 and must have been a rush at the end :good:

randy
Thank you greatly for being forthright. You are an above-board JNPG player and your reputation proceeds you. Your comment will help other players understand that both methods are used. Others (not everyone) have figured out which controller to use in combination with their mouse to "get an edge" when competing in tournaments.

I think I have covered all I need to cover.

I have the utmost respect for Mike and Mark as Administrators in this forum and truly enjoy the company of several other players during Match 9 ladder play.

:drinks:
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

Crusher wrote:
MiMiC wrote:
Crusher wrote:

Indeed I do Mike. People will sign-up on a 3rd party site as a 3clicker, using their mouse. However, after they start playing tournaments, matches and events they can plug in a controller and use it at the same time they have a mouse plugged in.
I don't think you understand the nature of the information we receive at PGLS Central. The swing type we add is extracted from the JSON information which is the traffic element of the API. The data there is on a shot-by-shot basis, and PG is hard-coded to ensure you cannot start with one swing and change to another.

If you are talking about clicking with a mouse, and clicking with a controller, it is actually the same swing meter and is just a different way of performing the click. On our simplified representation of what was used on each scorecard (found when you click on the scores posted on our leaderboards for every player) we count that as 'Click'. There are also two other designations on our simplified indication of how a player has played. One is a controller symbol, and that is shown when player is using a movement swing via a controller. The 'Mouse' symbol is used when a player is either playing Motionswing or Real-Time Swing using a mouse as its control. As stated above, the swing is polled as part of every shot, and is not something you can swap out.
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

smokingrooves wrote:Hello,

Just a couple of cents.

randy
We do not restrict a player to spend their whole PGLS career using just one swing, and there is nowhere you sign-up and specify a swingtype. We simply extract the swingtype from the round played. There is no infraction of the rules in changing a swing should you wish to. It cannot be done mid-round, and if you have the skillset to play a number of different swingtypes then that is not something we would plan to take any action against.

To the person who wants to be divisive about this, the whole idea behind PGLS is to bring a community together, not rip it apart and make sweeping accusations about any swing which is not the way one person or another plays. Each swingtype has its strengths and weaknesses, and PP have actually made a pretty good job of opening the game to as many ways of playing, whilst making sure that there are elements to each swing which make it more of a level playing field.

Return to “General Discussion”