Mulligans - Fictional

Please use this forum to let us know you have uploaded a new released course ready for inclusion in the PGLS Courses database.
J.H. Buchanan
Steam Profile name (Required): jswarpaint

Re: Mulligans - Fictional Front 9

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

Side Subject: This is the hole 10 Out of Bounds Area
Imagehole 10 out of bounds by Jim Smyth, on Flickr

The narrow out of bounds area is needed to thread in the out of bounds around this brown low spot area. This is here because I wanted the player to have to stay in the fairway, rough, or trap areas to be playable in addition this out of bounds area is really deep in most spots and the player would have to hit the ball way up to get back onto the green this area is actually the same concept as hole 9. But I could just eliminate the out of bounds here and at hole 9 and just run it around the course but anyway this is how it works at hole 10 every other hole you have to be way out off the hole to be out of bounds. On hole 10 here the thin area if one hits it there more than likely it is so steep the ball is just going to end up in the water anyway.

Here is the floating board - evidently you are suppose to bounce the ball off of this to avoid the out of bounds ???

Imagefloating board by Jim Smyth, on Flickr

This board has been deleted
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

Ok here is the out of bounds fix for hole 9 but as of this very second the course has not been compiled and loaded up yet ...
Imagehole 9 fixed by Jim Smyth, on Flickr

Reason for out of bounds and not water hazard. I tried doing a water hazard this gave me an option to play as it lies for example if one ended up at the bottom of the canyon here and I did not want the player to be able to play it from the bottom of the canyon but to have to do a rehit (I actually wanted to do a FREE DROP - but this is impossible to generate even though it is a choice in course forge) anyway, in order for the player to not be able to play it as it lies at the bottom of this thing I had to put a water plane - or maybe I could have done a later water hazard thing which this I think allows a drop but I did not want the player to do a drop from the bottom of the canyon I wanted them to do a Free Drop which is impossible or a rehit with penalty so as I was making this course someone mentioned I think it was noputt so blame him - someone mentioned you can thread and weave the out of bounds into the course like I did here to have an out of bounds area the player can hit the ball over etc. so that is what I did problem is as mentioned earlier the mesh moved when I made it small and I tweaked it. so the way it is now with this fix one actually has a lot more room than the way I had it earlier (which again was NOT in the Fairway it was on the canyon edge etc. ) so now there is a lot of room you can even be at the edge partway down the hill and still play it where it is not (the out of bounds) the ball will probably roll all the way down to the bottom of the hill. Notice the Red arrow area this is flat if you bang it over here and it ends up in the out of bounds here you are screwed even though perhaps you should not be but this is where it threads into the course.
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

ok here is the link to the fixed course of mulligans the other link at Media Fire was deleted

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eq9iabq0 ... l.zip/file

Thanks for bringing this to my attention I will instant message the devs about this link too. Oh I play tested it too and one can see where the out of bounds markers are where they should be.
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

gg_fungolfer wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm Hell of a course. Really awesome. One of a handfull courses where you need your brain to score well. Thanks alot for that course!!
Glad you like it and thanks for letting me know about the needed fixes.
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

davefv92c wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:13 pm Playing Caddyshack tourney on hole 9 I hit 2 times to the end of the first fairway
still on the fairway and it gave me OB both times, you may want to look into that J.H.
Caddyshack tourney got messed up thanks for your forgiveness ... :oops:
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Mulligans has been updated in the PGLS Courses database ...

pgcourses.php?id=516
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

davefv92c wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:39 pm i went back to see if i could get it to happen again, the ball has to be on the left side of the video to happen on the right side of the fairway
it plays normal. funny thing i hit a couple down in that valley and there was no OB on those.lol
thanks for the video etc.
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

Kevin G. wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:21 pm
The marker to the left of the first Fairway section by the Bridge is 15 yards before the end of that portion of Fairway and the marker to the right is in the Sand Trap to the right and in front of the Bridge. Any ball that passes this line on the Fairway will be ruled Out Of Bounds even though there is 15 - 20 yards more fairway past that line.

Need to reposition those two OOB Markers and change them out to Water Markers.

I also noticed a 4" x 4" x 10' (or so) piece of lumber floating flat about 15 feet off the ground to the right of the Bridge. Odd . . . It's shadow is what caught my attention to look up . . .

Kevin G.
thanks for the info Kevin G. glad you did not hit your head on the board I deleted it and the course has been reposted with the fix thanks for all your help
J.H. Buchanan

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

cheezy Video showing changes

https://youtu.be/bdMsvDzS_us

I increased brightness during the video the course loads darker ....
gg_fungolfer
Steam Profile name (Required): fungolfer
Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by gg_fungolfer »

Looks good to me. Had some shots on the 9th and had no problems so far. Good job J.H. :)

Return to “Released Courses”