Aberdeen Golf Club

Please use this forum to let us know you have uploaded a new released course ready for inclusion in the PGLS Courses database.
Bluesman
Steam Profile name (Required): Bluesman

Re: Aberdeen Golf Club

Post by Bluesman »

Scott may i make a suggestion. Send a message to Kevin G., he is THE BEST beta tester in the business. He will do a complete thorough test of your course and when he is done he will send a complete data report to you on what exactly needs to be done to get the course up to scratch. This usually takes about 2 to 3 days, depending on how much he finds, he's that thorough.
Intel i7 4790K cpu / Corsair H100x cpu watercooler / MSI Gaming 3 MB / 32GB G.Skill DDR3 2400Mhz Ram/
EVGA GTX 1070 ti GPU / Corsair Gold 1000W PSU / Windows 10 OS.
ScottL48

Steam Profile name (Required): ScottL48
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by ScottL48 »

Bluesman,

Thanks for that info and I have already heard from Kevin on Tuesday, he played the course and found some things not many and they were minor issues, trees in fairway, low FPS on 2 tee box's and a flythrough wasn't working, he thought that I should address and I fixed the issues that he mentioned to me so all is fixed now and I will be putting it up to Mark tomorrow for all to play and maybe they will use it one day in one of the tournaments.

I really appreciate the time that you have spent looking at the course and I hope that everyone enjoy's it as well. It is a tough course I think and that is why I designed it that way so that it was challenging. So you will see more from me coming up, will give this one a go and see what type of responses that we get about it.

Thanks again,
ScottL48
(Scott)
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

Scott, I noticed you put the challenge tees in this one some shots are too long to use in the weekly skills tourney
on your next course please put them so they can be played CTP and I am sure it will be used in the skills tourney. if you have any questions
just play the skills tourney and you will get the idea. or if you want help with those tees I will offer my time as I have done this for a few of the other designers and like to be of help.

thanks much for the hard work you have given
us on this one I have played it a few times already and enjoy it.
dave
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
ScottL48

Post by ScottL48 »

Mark,
I pleased to say that Aberdeen Golf Club can now be added to the courses as a regular course and not a beta anymore, I hope that everyone enjoys it and has a lot of good rounds on it as well.

https://mega.nz/#!QAhnSBZY!DZ0SkotJvOHB ... AMbepaE-4o

Thank you,
ScottL48
(Scott)
ScottL48

Post by ScottL48 »

davefv92c,

I went through the course and the only skills challenge is on the par 3's, as there are only 4 tee box's Champion, Tournament, Member and Ladies, I played the CTP challenge this morning, and as I am an Armature, it did not count my score, (dummy me didn't read the rules you have got to be ranked as a Pro player.) but I get the idea and any help that you are willing to offer I will take it, and on the next course that I am going to be working on is a real course that is located in Cleveland, TN. One of my best friends runs that course there and he is their course Pro there as well, (shout out to CKell!!) but I am sure that I will need your help when I get closer to adding the pin placements on that one for the CTP, so that everyone will have a good chance on it. Again thank you for offering your assistance.
ScottL48
(Scott)
ScottL48

Post by ScottL48 »

I would like to thank all of the members that are on here that are designers that have contributed to this by sharing there assets for the game, their teaching skills, videos that I have spent many hours watching and still trying to get the hang of building buildings and making my own assets that I may share with everyone when I get good enough to make them! I know that there are a lot of things to share and I am grateful that they are so generous to share them, but I am learning and watching videos everyday so that I can be able to bring good courses like the ones on here to play.

Also I want to thank davefv92c, Bluesman and to RandyG for their assistance in doing some beta testing for me and pointing out what was wrong with the course, and getting all the issues resolved in a timely manner, and I look forward to having them help me out in my future adventures here @PGLS as a course designer.

So thank you everyone for letting me be a part of this great big world of virtual golf! May everyone hit fairways and greens!
Thank you,
ScottL48
(Scott)
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

Scott, I could have sworn when you put this out the first time it had challenge tees throughout
I thought I went to test them and i ran across 1 that was just too long to make the green so I stopped.
did you maybe leave them out on your fixes? I guess i could be wrong but when a new course comes out the first thing I do is look for the full challenge tees and try them out. anyway, your first round on the skills tourney is scored on the in-game leaderboard trough the 17th did you just not finish? as all levels can play these tourneys if you did play the 18th maybe it is something Mark needs to look at to see why your 18 hole did not take.

have a good one
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
ScottL48

Post by ScottL48 »

Dave,

You are correct that the first beta that I put on did in fact have the challenge tees, but when I was looking at the appearance of some the tee box's that it was just to much clutter for me. So i decide to take them out and not use them. Also you are correct that some of the holes are long, I could shorten them but that would take the challenge out of this course.
ScottL48
(Scott)
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

that's what is good about the challenge tees they don't have to be in the tee boxes
they can be spread out on the course.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
ScottL48

Post by ScottL48 »

so if i am getting this correct that I can place them anywhere?
ScottL48
(Scott)

Return to “Released Courses”