Scoring becoming ridiculous

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
BladeRunner

Re: Scoring becoming ridiculous

Post by BladeRunner »

I would think it safe to say, no one has ever won a tournament playing RTS-M at the Tour Pro level. Being in real time as the name suggests, the swing is so dependent on fps to run smoothly. If the swing didn't have a ratio like RTS-C, I think more people would be playing it. I read sometime ago they wanted to add a ratio to RTS-C, but do the short throw with a controller it was not possible.
maxie
Steam Profile name (Required): maxie
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by maxie »

Greensboronclion wrote:Maxie I played Motion swing the first year and a half of this game and love it but my shoulder wont allow constant play with the mouse but I still play every once in a while MS. I concur with your statement completely and hard to get 2 or 3 shots in a row on plane and I have two units a Logitech G602 and Corsair RGB M65 and both pretty gaming mice. If you happen to have a cheap non gaming mouse sort of like one that comes with a PC package when you buy it just hook it up and play with it for awhile and you might have your answer. Those mice have no axis and some players have been known in other games to build Edging boxes which make it easier also but there is no way of knowing that and not much can be done. In the end we just play and it is what it is and the truth is that in video games online you will never stop the advantages that are being used.
Yes Greensboronclion very true. mention the cheap mouse i dont have one they are all busted, maybe some use them . I play a few rounds at PGLS just as a pass time and enjoy the beer rounds at weekends with friends.But if someone is hitting on plane 95%-100% im sure the PGLS team would know .
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Maxie I play different swings and at the Classic event in round one I shot 74 with the controller and just now shot 74 with 3C at TP level in round 2 and am about the same with each and that course Muirfield I just cant play well with the Caliber ball. Point being I use and xbox 360 controller and used my Logitech G602 gaming mouse and that is legit equipment and that is the only way to stop it. A cheap mouse just doesn't have the penalty of a good quality mouse but again there really is no way to enforce it.
DoGgs

Steam Profile name (Required): fluid druid

Post by DoGgs »

interesting to read about the swing types, i never knew MS had a power bar. I thought PP had created the swings to be similar in difficulty but real time is on another level compared to MS and 3C. I wish controller had its own tour, but there are only about 4 of us playing it so its never gonna happen unfortunately.
Legitimate controller player *verified*
Greensboronclion

I would have thought we would have had more people playing controller, RTSM and MS but it seems that old habits are hard to break and tournaments are predominantly 3C. Played all through Links and wanted something different and found it but only a few of of us are using it. Sad as there are three really good other ways to play this game and nobody will try it.
SimChars1968
Steam Profile name (Required): SimChars1968
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by SimChars1968 »

Couldn't agree more Greens'. I think it's a real shame because I think people would get more out of the game.
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

guess its a ego thing for some to shoot so well with a little help from their friends maybe lol peace and love peace and love...... :ermm: as Ringo says.
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

Greensboronclion wrote:I would have thought we would have had more people playing controller, RTSM and MS but it seems that old habits are hard to break and tournaments are predominantly 3C. Played all through Links and wanted something different and found it but only a few of of us are using it. Sad as there are three really good other ways to play this game and nobody will try it.
I use controller and find it more natural of a golf swing and i was a 3 clicker for years just wanted something different but the putting on controller is so tuff at times .
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

I've always played 3C, 2C or whatever version of mouse clicking was used, just what I like using. I tried the mouse swing and controller swing, just not for me. I may have another dabble, I may not.

Everyone can play the way they want, doesn't bother me, some can hit straight most shots, some bend it like Beckham every shot. I appreciate the low scores being hit by other control methods, tough to replicate the shot/swing plane you wish to consistently, so hats off to those who manage it, i'll continue to click, click, click.

It is a shame, though inevitable that scores will continue to get lower. The average scores are always coming down across the board, people just get better at games, it's how it is. I look forward to the next one where we all start off at "normal" scores again only for them drop over time, that's gaming.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Greensboronclion

Yea Affo I agree and soon 52 will be the norm just as in Links. I really believe that we should eliminate the Caliber ball though and only use the Avant for tournaments as it is to dang straight IMO and yes I use it myself and will tell you it will shave 5 shots off your score. It might be shorter but hard to miss fairways with it and if you just had the Avant we would see that as with any swing the penalty for miss hits is much more than the Caliber. Just my 2 cents.

Return to “General Discussion”