Slievemore Mountain on Achill Island (final)

Please use this forum to let us know you have uploaded a new released course ready for inclusion in the PGLS Courses database.
RobV
Steam Profile name (Required): holy goat
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Slievemore Mountain on Achill Island (final)

Post by RobV »

Intro: Slievemore (Irish: Sliabh Mór, meaning 'big mountain') is the second highest peak on Achill Island after Croaghaun, in County Mayo, Ireland.
Sheltered under the slopes of Slievemore and hidden from the 21st century, this tranquil corner of a remote island is a perfect place for quiet reflection and remembrance.

Since this island was deserted, I decided to build a PG course onto it. :biggrin:

Notes:
-This design stemmed from when I was learning Course Forge. It has been sitting on my hard drive for some time, so I decided to put it all together to build this fantasy design. Keep in mind, it is a real island, but a fantasy course!

-I used mostly standard assets to build this course, but there are some custom ones as well.

-There are no fly-bys.. I don't like building those things.

-Turn dynamic sky off to check out the awesome skybox!

-Some greens are tougher than others, ball placement is key.

-Thanks to Frank V for the graphics, flags, splash screen and other stuff in the course.

Thanks,
Rob V

https://mega.nz/file/crxSiTCZ#84vTPWI3M ... hPeOZljbTU
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Re: Slievemore Mountain on Achill Island (final)

Post by Mwh65 »

Slievemore Mountain on Achill Island by RobV has been added to the PGLS Courses database.

pgcourses.php?id=570
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
RobV

Post by RobV »

Thanks Mark... I forgot to post, let me know if anyone finds anything wrong with the course. If so, I will fix it asap.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

Another excellent course Rob. Challenging but very fair and well done. Thanks for continuing to support PG golf, much appreciated.

Alan
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

Another super course....thank you for you efforts.......playing mwc last night we noticed dry up lake area fenced off with blue stakes....10th hole if you try to go direct for flag there anothe fairway just to the left of this is the fenced area....when rob hit his ball there we got a message that it was a as it lies shot but it was out of bounds and he was 3 from tee....should the posts by white? if oob's
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-09-05 134526.png
RobV

Post by RobV »

Thanks for the feedback NIBNOB... The blue stakes are for a "Free Drop".. but after reading some of the PG Course Forge forums (after I built the course), many designers in that one thread said that "Free Drop" never worked properly... by play testing through the build, I never hit it into that dried up lake and so, never received an error.. I honestly thought nobody would ever hit it in there as it can be easily cleared, but here we are.. I will check out hole 10, hit into that area and report back.
RobV

Post by RobV »

Riddler wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:52 am Another excellent course Rob. Challenging but very fair and well done. Thanks for continuing to support PG golf, much appreciated.

Alan
Awesome! Thanks Riddler! I really do enjoy building new courses.. I wish I did so back when there was a lot of support, but its all good!
RobV

Post by RobV »

NIBNOB wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:53 pm Another super course....thank you for you efforts.......playing mwc last night we noticed dry up lake area fenced off with blue stakes....10th hole if you try to go direct for flag there another fairway just to the left of this is the fenced area....when rob hit his ball there we got a message that it was a as it lies shot but it was out of bounds and he was 3 from tee....should the posts by white? if oob's
Ok so you are correct... and I guess the old time PG designers were too... Free Drop does not work.

First, you mentioned the 10th hole, but was it the 7th tee?
Untitled2.jpg

In any event, I just hit into the "dry lake" from the 7th and did receive "free drop", however, when I hit Rehit/Drop, it brings me back to the tee and takes a stroke. So, it is true.. 'free drop' does not work. I guess I can change it to OOB, but like I said previously, I would not try to go for the 7th fairway from the 10th tee. Honestly, I never even thought about doing that.. haha The 10th fairway is pretty straight and the 10th green is an easy approach if you land in the fairway.

I can certainly fix this.. let me know your thoughts before I do.
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

To my mind if you go for the shorter root from the 10th and miss then you get what you deserve....and from the 7th that area is irrelevant as green is reachable from tee..leave it as it is for me (esp if its a ball ache to fix).... just thought id mention m8....
RobV

Post by RobV »

NIBNOB wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:48 pm To my mind if you go for the shorter root from the 10th and miss then you get what you deserve....and from the 7th that area is irrelevant as green is reachable from tee..leave it as it is for me (esp if its a ball ache to fix).... just thought id mention m8....
Not a headache at all.. an easy fix. Let me tinker around with some ideas, but ultimately, I can make that area OOB.

Thanks again!
RV

Return to “Released Courses”