Over Under at Augusta

Post here anything to do with the PGA 18 tourney.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Over Under at Augusta

Post by Greensboronclion »

I will go with under 50 players that finish this event this week. Augusta is one of the hardest courses we have under normal conditions but looking at rounds 3 and 4 and my bet is most players quit and dont finish. I know we setup to stop the 5 percent that tear this game up but the fact is you could put a stimp of 14 and windy and those f percent will still shoot their 60 anyway so why kill the other 95 percent. Just my 2 cents and maybe we need an Elite league just for those few that shoot lights out each week to make it more enjoyable for the rest who dont play that way. Strong breeze happens once an blue moon at Augusta and to have it both those final rounds is just insane.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Re: Over Under at Augusta

Post by Seasider47 »

Hi Greensboronclion

All Tournament conditions set by Admin are taken from local weather forecasts from the course being played. The winds were actually even stronger than set in the game. We have had complaints in the past that our conditions are unrelistic so that is the reason we go by the conditions forecasted where the course is real. Even then the forecast doesnt always work out as the rain in Augusted arrived a day later than expect. We have not included thunderstorms you will note in our conditions, forecasts on Sunday says there could be a postponement on Sunday because of the conditions, no such problem as that in PG lol. Sorry You are finding it tough your not alone, I scored 14+ in round ! but still enjoyed the game.
Greensboronclion

Yeah I guess the wind is going g to be up Sunday so my bad there. I still will go with my under 50 tho as people just wont finish events when the scoring gets that tough. I will finish as that is what we do but just no way us RTSM players can compete with the 3C guys so for us it's really how we stack up against each other. It's all good as it's the Masters which is the best time of the year in golf.
SimChars1968
Steam Profile name (Required): SimChars1968
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by SimChars1968 »

Bearing in mind in JNPG we can't drive the ball as far as the Pro's in real life, if the wind is up as in rounds 3 and 4, why not use different tees? Many of the holes in these rounds will be unreachable in those conditions. Tees do get moved in real life according to conditions.
duncanmathieson
Steam Profile name (Required): dunkymath
Has Liked: 62 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by duncanmathieson »

sorry to hear some players not happy with course settings, but as mentioned by seasider47 (paul) weather forecast dictated settings to make game as realistic as possible.
We as setters cant win ,as others complain courses too easy.
I personally try to mix it up each week to suit all level of players but as i said we cant please everyone all of the time.

happy golfing anyways all
SimChars1968
Steam Profile name (Required): SimChars1968
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by SimChars1968 »

My comment was in no way a criticism of you guys who set up, it is just something I would have done if I set up with that wind. I for one am looking forward to the challenge.
Charles
Steam Profile name (Required): Charles

Post by Charles »

I found Augusta to be just about right really: tough but fair. Very playable. Conditions not really extreme as the weather did not justify that (especially on the greens); the course itself was stunningly beautiful and Quade's design a true gem. This is the best Augusta course to date in my book. :good:

On another note: hey Seasider-Paul, i send you a PM some time ago but never heard back from from you? Is it switched off maybe? I send you an e-mail today so hope to see your reply. :dry:
Charles
Steam Profile name (Required): Charles

Post by Charles »

Greensboronclion wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:36 pm I will go with under 50 players that finish this event this week. Augusta is one of the hardest courses we have under normal conditions but looking at rounds 3 and 4 and my bet is most players quit and dont finish. I know we setup to stop the 5 percent that tear this game up but the fact is you could put a stimp of 14 and windy and those f percent will still shoot their 60 anyway so why kill the other 95 percent. Just my 2 cents and maybe we need an Elite league just for those few that shoot lights out each week to make it more enjoyable for the rest who dont play that way. Strong breeze happens once an blue moon at Augusta and to have it both those final rounds is just insane.
Rob, I never look at the top 5 scores because these guys are playing like from another planet.. :onhead: I focus on the top 20 and -in my case- on where I stand compared to other mouse players. As a matter of fact, why isn't there a special bracket above the leaderboard displaying the mouse players? :rolleyes: Would be nice to see the mouse players bunched together, especially now that the RTCC is closed. I counted a lot of micers on PGA18 and it's easy to put in a extra bracket/box above the leaderboard. :hmmm:
Greensboronclion

Charles I agree with you and I only compare my scores to other RTSM players as we got no chance anyway with the 3C crowd. I won't get to finish this week as I left this morning for the Florida Panhandle in the RV. Now that I am retired I will play less as I am going to travel a lot more as the wife wants to see more of this great country and so do I. When home I will play but for next ten days it's no go. I truly believe that JNPG is the last golf game to have the 3C swing as if there is a JNPG2 they will want the game played with a modern swing imho as that is what will bring new players to the game. Just my 2 cents and the 3C crowd won't like that comment but it is what is coming.
DCI_JONES
Steam Profile name (Required): DCI_JONES
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by DCI_JONES »

With 8 hours to go 64 players have so far finished all 4 rounds

Return to “PGA 18”