Player Handicaps

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Player Handicaps

Post by Affo »

The eagle eyed amongst you might have noticed that your PGLS handicap has somewhat jumped along with everyone elses!

This is due to a slight change in the way the handicap is worked out.

Your handicap should relate to your potential ability, therefore rather than the middle 12 scores from your last 24 rounds being used, it is now your BEST 12 rounds out of 24 to bring it more inline with the USGA handicap workings (best 10 from last 20) though of course there is more to their handicap system than can be replicated here (slope rating etc).

So now, even though your handicap may seem harsh, it reflects your potential scoring ability rather than just an average and everyone is in the same position. Now a few off colour rounds won't effect your handicap so much as it's more focused on your better rounds.

Nothing else has been altered.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 282 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Player Handicaps

Post by cubbies645 »

Lol my handicap just went to -8 come on Andy thats getting carried away, for 18 holes -32, that takes me out....
Affo

Post by Affo »

Everyone's has gone the same way. It now is an average of your best rounds, same for all. The guys who have moved the most are actually the higher handicappers as this format concentrates on the better rounds...not the higher rounds as much.

NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

-10 holy crap.....
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

just makes for a smaller field in the classic tourney, and the Caddyshack tourney since they are the only 2 running handicaps
i had already quit playing the classic, guess im also done with the caddyshack and i only got a -3 oh well overall just less to play,
not good. sure it will take others out to.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Affo

Post by Affo »

why????? everybody is in the same boat? I don't get the thought process of some people. Have you all got to get big minus scores or something to make it worth playing??

Example - cubbies has already shot 2 x 31 in PGA9 this week which is better than his handicap and you dave shot effectively -3 in your 1st round nett if the event was handicapped, cubbies would be -2 after 2 rounds which would effectively as it stands right now put you 1st and 2nd on nett.

The Caddyshack event is set on 2 tough courses, i'd be surprised if anyone gets under their handicap - remember, it is the score you CAN obtain when playing to your potential.

I don't know, try to make things reflect more to real life and you wonder why you bother.

NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

I simply do not like Handicap system at all.....for me theres nothing more demoralising having shots stolen from my round......level playing field for all i say.....real golf too.....rise to the challenge or go home......off out now(10 pints) 1am Pirate ;-)
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

Affo wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:58 pm why????? everybody is in the same boat? I don't get the thought process of some people. Have you all got to get big minus scores or something to make it worth playing??

Example - cubbies has already shot 2 x 31 in PGA9 this week which is better than his handicap and you dave shot effectively -3 in your 1st round nett if the event was handicapped, cubbies would be -2 after 2 rounds which would effectively as it stands right now put you 1st and 2nd on nett.

The Caddyshack event is set on 2 tough courses, i'd be surprised if anyone gets under their handicap - remember, it is the score you CAN obtain when playing to your potential.

I don't know, try to make things reflect more to real life and you wonder why you bother.
as for the shack, i will never understand why they would ever put a tourney on the courses they did considering most who
play their tourney are amateur players, all i can figure is they where setting it for a slow week. cause most when they see the leaderboard
then look at the courses and settings they will just skip it. not worth the time.

as for reflecting things to be more like RL, i have always had a problem with this type of statement
as this is a game, not real life and im not here to torture myself with a game im here to have fun not piss myself off
with some of the sets that have come out lately.
to each their own but that is where i stand.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
cubbies645
Steam Profile name (Required): Aristotle
Has Liked: 282 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by cubbies645 »

Lol real life i hit the floor with that 1, this is a game on the pc as fantasy as it gets.. and the handicap system is insane Mark -10, cubbies -8 and so on, it just would be nice to play all tournaments and have a ligament chance to compete, i understand your effort Andy but real would be something like -3 around there...tks
duncanmathieson
Steam Profile name (Required): dunkymath
Has Liked: 62 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by duncanmathieson »

personally I dont have a problem with the handicap system.It is only used for 2 out of the many tours we have.
Just more of a challenge in the classics and caddyshack.
I think it would even itself out in the long run.
But heho everyone to there own.

Return to “General Discussion”