numbnut question

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
LES1959
Steam Profile name (Required): LES1959

numbnut question

Post by LES1959 »

hopefully someone can help. i had p.c issues a few weeks ago with latest windows update.i had to reinstall golf, in the process i lost all my courses..
just noticed i havent the stock courses that come with the game, so thinking i could save the course file to desktop, and uninstall/reinstall the game..my p.c is telling me i have not enough room on my hard drive. the fils is 26.8 gb and the space on my hd 681 gb...
i have validated game on steam and alls ok..so the question is can i set which h/d the desktop goes to or is there alot easier solution?
specs.jpg
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Re: numbnut question

Post by Mwh65 »

Les,

If you have installed Steam on the usual C: drive then Perfect Golf will install underneath it in steamapps\common\Perfect Golf\ and the courses will then be in the "courses folder underneath that.

I believe you can specify where Perfect Golf gets installed when you do install it but if you can are you able to uninstall Steam and install it on your 1Tb hard drive.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

hi mark thanks for reply, it installed on my f:drive, which is my 2nd drive 1tb
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!
Mwh65
Site Admin

Post by Mwh65 »

:hmmm:

Okay use my PGLS Courses Checker utility and see where it tells you Perfect Golf is installed.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1854
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

Mwh65
Site Admin

Post by Mwh65 »

Just had a thought. Your Desktop defaults to the C: drive. Try copying and pasting the courses folder to the root of the F: drive eg f:\courses then uninstall PG.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

think theres a problem somewhere, did course checker scan,its on correct drive but it says 143 valid courses loaded from courses folder and 415 loaded from pgls database, im not sure but not all 143 are loaded, i know woodys is missing for 1
Mwh65
Site Admin

Post by Mwh65 »

Did you install Steam on the F: drive and PG is installed underneath it, or the default C: drive ?
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

steam is installed on F: and golf is through steam via steamapps. ok so i have copied and saved course file to F: is it worth uninstalling steam and reinstalling?
Mwh65
Site Admin

Post by Mwh65 »

It might be an idea yes, although that rather depends on how many other games are reliant on Steam. Once uninstalled, reboot and make sure the Steam folder doesn't exist anywhere on C: and F:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Always copy your course folder to a second internal or external drive. Once that is done simply copy newer courses to both the main course folder and the second course folder on the other drive.

Note to all: Never rely on one HDD or SSD. Always have a second internal or external HDD or SSD for System Image Backups and storage backups that can easily be accessed on a second drive i.e. course files, music, videos, documents etc.

Not having a second drive for backup is like driving a car without liability insurance. You hope you never have to use the System Image Backup but if it's not there when you need it, your huge collections of files vaporize when your single drive permanently crashes. Tip: SSD drives are far more reliable and will last for years. I still have a Samsung 850 installed in my system that I purchased in 2014. I have formatted it at least 8 times since then. Still runs like new.

See how it performs to this day: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19353339

Return to “Technical Support”