Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post by Riddler »

I am asking those playing the PGLS Tour if they would like to see any changes to this tour. My idea, for change, is to combine the American and Continental Tours into one and call it the PGLS International Tour. I would check out the courses being played by both the PGA American and European tours and use all of those that we currently have available to play at PGLS. I would also include one final tournament, at the end of the year, that would include the top 20 players of the year to decide who wins the Fed-Ex Cup.

Thanks,

Alan
JoeBradley
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeBradley
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Re: Any Change Requests For The 2022 Season

Post by JoeBradley »

Excellent ideas, to my mind - both the combined tour and the season-ending finale (even better if there were 2 or 3 with survivor-like/Fedex-like cuts).
Leeuw68
Steam Profile name (Required): Leeuw68
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Leeuw68 »

I think that making a combined tour could make things even more interesting, allthough when I see the scores that are made (-30, -40) it will probebly be allways the same players who will play the fanil game. ( and I'm not one of them that's for sure) ;-)
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

Leeuw68 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:24 am I think that making a combined tour could make things even more interesting, allthough when I see the scores that are made (-30, -40) it will probebly be allways the same players who will play the fanil game. ( and I'm not one of them that's for sure) ;-)
I also agree it would be an interesting change but likewise would never rank in the top 20 in my lifetime - LOL
duncanmathieson
Steam Profile name (Required): dunkymath
Has Liked: 62 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Post by duncanmathieson »

I am happy the way it is at the moment, but am willing to go with whatever the consensus is.
My favourite tour lol.
Zoysiadude
Steam Profile name (Required): Jazzman

Post by Zoysiadude »

Either way is OK with me. I have not played alot this year, but hope to do more in the coming season.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I like the seperate tous and the guest tours. That gives you the chance to miss any course That you dont like. Its what happens in real golf you get the chuice to play iether in America or Europe. I mainly like playing Links courses rather than the target golf that you get on most Amrtican courses.
Rustyred
Steam Profile name (Required): robtrundlerubecula
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Rustyred »

Alan, like your concept of the future for PGLS. An excellent idea, however, would suggest 25/30 players inthe Fed-Ex cup final rather than 20.
Cheers, Rustyred(Rob).
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

This from a Pm I received and my answer:
Coach098
I love the idea. I was just wondering about the idea of having playoffs recently.However, I'd pick the Top 30 for the playoffs. I think we have enough players playing the Tour for that....if you plan to use the same Fed-Ex ranking format.Unfortunately...we already know who would win the Cup....and that's pretty much the downside of the idea...just like we usually already know at 99% who will finish 1st at the end of the Tour season even before we play the first season tournament......but I'm in...anyway!

My answer:
Thanks for the comments. I agree about who could or would win. Be nice if we could do the playoff using handicaps based on the scores just from the PGLS International Tour. Also, I think I would add that players that made the top 20 or 30 would have to at least participate in 90% of the tournaments. So say we have 40 weeks of Tournaments, no players missing more then 4 could participate in the Fed-Ex finish.
JoeMen
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeMen
Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Post by JoeMen »

I would be positive if there are as many as possible european courses played. But in that case only good designs, I would rather play an american well designed course than any of the half finished european designs with stock textures and trees. Quality design must be the first priority, even if it means 75% US courses.
EDIT: reason for quality designs is we play 4 full 18 hole rounds. I can play 4x9 holes on any course but never 72 holes.
http://www.goranmentzer.st
PRO - Real Time Swing Mouse

Return to “PGLS Tours”