EA PGA Golf

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

EA PGA Golf

Post by Riddler »

The new golf game coming out just before the Masters looks interesting but complicated. I was checking out their latest You Tube video about career play. I enjoy PG because it is challenging but not complicated. How many are going to buy this game? I am going to have a wait and see attitude. Here is the link at You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COUoh31NSh0

Alan
tanman05851
Steam Profile name (Required): tanman05851
Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: EA PGA Golf

Post by tanman05851 »

I've been following the various articles over the past couple of years.I'm going to wait for a bit to see how things pan out but I'm 99 percent sure I'm going to get it.Only question is PS5 or PC.
I've tried 3 different iterations of 2k golf and I just don't care for them for some reason.
This game I really enjoy.One of the things I like is that the results depend on skill,experience and sometimes luck-just like in real life.So disappointed in what could have been.
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

For me no 3 click not buying
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Golferdee wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:05 pm For me no 3 click not buying
They will be adding 3 click soon but it does not tell you if it will be good for a mouse or a controller or for both.
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

There will be 3 click, but it sounds like not until the first big update. Not sure how long that will be. I am very interested in all the different shot types, but not so interested that players might have to "level up" before getting said shot types :hmmm:

Gonna give it a try though...
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
TheOtherRick
Steam Profile name (Required): TheOtherRick
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by TheOtherRick »

I am also adopting a "wait and see" attitude. I am a Motion Swing player, so no 3-Click is not a killer for me. PGA 2K23 does have 3-click and I actually use it in that game. The real killer for me is online tourney play like we enjoy here in this game. It will not be not available in the new EA Sports title, nor is it available in PGA 2K23. You can play "for fun" rounds with up to 3 other players in the other two games, but not competitive tournament play in the societies. That is (in my opinion) a real oversight by the devs in both games. It is one of the best features of Perfect Golf and PGLS. It makes broken features (bad drops, water glitches, etc.) in this game, and the fact that they will never be fixed, easier to overlook.
To Thine Own Self Be True

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

oh hell just gave in and got the new game really hate to leave here
but getting back to playing with a controller after all these years here with a mouse
I have got a huge learning curve to work through so my time will be going to the new game.
you know I always thought if PP would have worked out all the issues with the controller here this game would have gone over a lot better.
been fun but time to move along. thanks for everything you do here Mark and all the PGLS staff, be nice if you guys could get something going on with this new game.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

Just finished reading comments at PP about new golf game and looks like another failure by EA. As I posted earlier, why add so much crap to a golf game. PG is simple to learn and play and includes everything I need to enjoy the game. So frustrating that Trackman can't see the potential in updating PG. How much could it cost them, when the game is already 90% perfect, to add the things it needs to be 100%?
bbbuckshot1
Steam Profile name (Required): BBBUCKSHOT1
Been Liked: 240 times

Post by bbbuckshot1 »

Not interested - I'm staying here.
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

have gotten a few rounds in and to be honest, I don't care much for the graphics there
I guess I have played this game so much I have gotten pretty used to them I guess cause I don't see the new EA graphics as better
playing pro level right now and I will say the gameplay is good and will take some getting used to.
2nd hole I played I holed out for an eagle from the fairway. and just scored a 6 under on my second full round so I guess it is all ready time to up the level.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652

Return to “General Discussion”