Pattern of Play Survey

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Re: Pattern of Play Survey

Post by NIBNOB »

Please could you answer the questions below. Regarding the many Tours on offer in PGLS

How many tour rounds in PGLS do you play each week on average ?

Most of them....

What Tours do you try completing weekly/monthly and why ?

Try to complete all of them....dont start something your not gonna finish

Do you prefure 9 or 18 hole tours and why ?

I like both, the mix is about right on PGLS

Which Tours do you enjoy playing the most and Why ?

I look forward to Pairs the most, pity its not weekly.....Its great fun playing in a team, not letting your pard down adds something to this tourney....

Do you prefure playing competitions Solo or With another play and why?

I play better playing with other players, as long as the pace is good.......I play solo also, otherwise i wouldnt get the tourneys finished...

Do you play and Country Club tours?

HDH & Caddyshack

what other competition games do you play, example MWC/Ladders/Leagues or Alt Shots?

MWC/Seasiders when i can(shift worker)......Ladders never......Leagues never......Alt shot in the lobby all the time, great fun

Please reply to this survey for the fun of it, and add any coments you wish to make.........
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

How many tour rounds in PGLS do you play each week on average?
PGA18 x4, PGA9 x 4, Stableford x4. Sometimes I play a Caddyshack round or a Skillz round to 'warm up'.

What Tours do you try completing weekly/monthly and why ?
I play PGA18, PGA9, Stableford and the PGLS Open as they are used to compile the World rankings, something I use to compare my performances with other players. These tourneys also satisfy my competitive streak.

Do you prefer 9 or 18 hole tours and why ?
I have no preference.

Which Tours do you enjoy playing the most and Why ?
Probably PGA18 and the PGLS Open - as they are each four rounds of 18 holes, just like the real thing.

Do you prefer playing competitions Solo or With another play and why?
It's easier to find 'a groove' if playing solo, but I probably enjoy playing with 1 or 2 other players more. It's that competitive thing again, plus sometimes it helps to see what happens to other players' shots before you take yours!

Do you play and Country Club tours?
If I had the time I would play them all - I'll try to play Caddyshack or Heavy hitters if I like the course(s) but it's not always possible./bgcolor]

what other competition games do you play, example MWC/Ladders/Leagues or Alt Shots?
MWC, Matchplay league and the occasional Alt shot round.

Please reply to this survey for the fun of it, and add any coments you wish to make.........
I have a project whereby I intend to play every single course, under the same conditions, and give each course a mark in 10 different categories. This will give each course a rating out of 100. Really it's for my own curiosity, but it may be of interest to course designers./bgcolor]
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

1. How many tour rounds in PGLS do you play each week on average?
It varies (1 - 5)

2. What Tours do you try completing weekly/monthly and why ?
NA

3. Do you prefure 9 or 18 hole tours and why ?
Both 9 and 18 hole tournies, but its nice to have a few 9 holers available when you don't have much time to play.

4. Which Tours do you enjoy playing the most and Why ?
NA

5. Do you prefer playing competitions Solo or With another play and why?
Solo for the most part, but I will play with someone if asked. I seem to get in a groove and move quickly when playing solo.

6. Do you play and Country Club tours?
Sometimes

7. what other competition games do you play, example MWC/Ladders/Leagues or Alt Shots?
I really enjoy alt shots and scrambles. I also enjoy the knock-outs, but I can't make the weekly time and the Sunday time is tough also. I also play leagues.

One thing I REALLY enjoyed was the Ryder Cup. I actually felt pressure to perform for the US and that pressure didn't improve my game - lol. It was a blast though.
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
jspirate

Post by jspirate »

bobfletch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 pm
I have a project whereby I intend to play every single course, under the same conditions, and give each course a mark in 10 different categories. This will give each course a rating out of 100. Really it's for my own curiosity, but it may be of interest to course designers.
I would be interested in seeing this :good:
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
Gerfaut
Steam Profile name (Required): Gerfaut

Post by Gerfaut »

bobfletch wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:31 pm
I have a project whereby I intend to play every single course, under the same conditions, and give each course a mark in 10 different categories. This will give each course a rating out of 100. Really it's for my own curiosity, but it may be of interest to course designers.
Hello bob, I like this idea ... but (the French are still rebels :)).
For this type of tournament I propose for example that it is spread out in time: a course per week or two weeks, this allows time to do a round and training tour tournament, it can be played solo. Okay
Maybe this pace is a little slow but an 18-hole course takes time ... and I'm not twenty anymore!
For the classification of the courses can be reduce the number of criteria, ten, seem to me difficult/large to manage and to understand the results.
Perhaps the designers can give some reflections for that.
cya m8
« Un bon joueur a toujours de la chance. » Jose Raul Capablanca
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

It will take a long time to complete, but I will publish course scores after every 10 I finish. The categories I have in mind are:

1. Challenge rating of 16th, 17th and 18th holes (the final 3 holes can be pivotal)
2. Visual appeal
3. Quality of greens including green complex design (flat and extreme greens will score low, challenging but fair greens will score high)
4. Sounds and objects
5. General fairness
6. Memorability (good will score high, bad will score low)
7. Ambience and general 'feel'
8. Course layout (hole variation will score high, similar holes will score low)
9. Realism
10. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I'm struggling for a 10th category so I am open to any ideas as to what it should be. The best idea, in my opinion, will be adopted as number 10.
jspirate

Post by jspirate »

bobfletch wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:05 pm It will take a long time to complete, but I will publish course scores after every 10 I finish. The categories I have in mind are:

1. Challenge rating of 16th, 17th and 18th holes (the final 3 holes can be pivotal)
2. Visual appeal
3. Quality of greens including green complex design (flat and extreme greens will score low, challenging but fair greens will score high)
4. Sounds and objects
5. General fairness
6. Memorability (good will score high, bad will score low)
7. Ambience and general 'feel'
8. Course layout (hole variation will score high, similar holes will score low)
9. Realism
10. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I'm struggling for a 10th category so I am open to any ideas as to what it should be. The best idea, in my opinion, will be adopted as number 10.
For No. 10 I suggest club variation. For example, a course that makes you use every club in the bag gets a 10. A course that is driver and PW all day gets a 1. Or maybe that's what you meant for No 8?

Get this list finalized and I might steal it and start my own evaluations :biggrin:
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

Bobs project sounds great, I look forward to seeing the results

Suggestion for 10th . Number and variety of Tees and Pins. Example Champ, Tounaments, back ,Forward. Members ladies and in a variety of positions plus 8 pins to choose from gets 10. Forward and members in line and only 2 pins each green gets 1 point
bobfletch

Post by bobfletch »

Get this list finalized and I might steal it and start my own evaluations
Scott, you're very welcome to use my categories and carry out your own assessments! It would be interesting to compare marks to see how much they differ.
Suggestion for 10th . Number and variety of Tees and Pins. Example Champ, Tounaments, back ,Forward. Members ladies and in a variety of positions plus 8 pins to choose from gets 10. Forward and members in line and only 2 pins each green gets 1 point
Thanks Paul, that sounds like a little too time-consuming and complicated for my liking. I'm inclined to go with Scott's suggestion of 'Club variation' if no more ideas are forthcoming...

Return to “General Discussion”