PP forum

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Re: PP forum

Post by jspirate »

davefv92c wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:33 pm
Perculator wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:20 pm PGLS should be the de facto forum I would think if the other does not return.
im with you on that at least the designers can bring their courses here to be tested
without having to pay OGT to use their site and more people could help in the testing.
They actually give access to the designers. Not trying to defend them, just sharing info...
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
Justin9926

Steam Profile name (Required): justin9926

Post by Justin9926 »

terbal wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:21 pm
Justin9926 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:33 pm
im with you on that at least the designers can bring their courses here to be tested
without having to pay OGT to use their site and more people could help in the testing.

The problem with that Dave is no one wants to test. Most people just want to jump on the course to look at it quick and then never comment on anything. They'll wait until it has a final release and then start complaining if something's wrong.

Just look at terbal post perfect example. I'll bet he's never tested anything or probably commented. He wants everybody else to do the work so he can just come in and play.
[/quote]

well you would be wrong so dont talk about things you dont know please. i have always help mark when asked to test different things. and i dont play much anymore. ive been on this site since the beginning and always supported it. i do appreciate the designers but dont make out they do it because they have to the do it because they enjoy doing it. i wouldnt design courses because for one thing my pc wouldnt allow me to do it and another thing is i wouldnt enjoy it. my main gripe is against PG. Just because i speak my mind and a lot who agree with me dont. are you a member of pgls or just a user?
[/quote]

I was a loyal player at one time with almost 4700 hours played. Once CF came out I played with the course designer. I've designed 4 courses for the game. Starting with Bethpage Red, Bethpage Black, Bayonne GC, and my last one was Gulph Mills. I joined PGLS so I could have access to the beta testing area. Well needless to say there isn't much testing being done. I had one comment about the course. And if you go and look in that thread you'll see there are very few if any replies on the courses being put up.It would be nice if the designers could get more feedback. As for me I have moved on to playing TGC. And just hope like everyone else by some miracle trackman will release a newer version someday and it will be able to be played on the PC.
Wirenut48
Steam Profile name (Required): wirenut48
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Wirenut48 »

Their probably just updating the site for the release of TMPG, ;)
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 BTF WIFI, i9-14900K, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6000-CL30, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB+2TB M.2, ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti SUPER BTF, Sony XR-X85X95J@120Hz, HTC Vive
mrose

Steam Profile name (Required): matthw.rose

Post by mrose »

Everyone seems to have stopped testing. My most recent beta thread has zero replies.

I've since found two issues with it that I've fixed, and then I'll probably just release the darn thing. I'm sure a month from now somebody will complain about something; that's usually how it works.
Justin9926

Steam Profile name (Required): justin9926

Post by Justin9926 »

That was kind of my point. When Dave said the designers should bring their courses here to be tested they already are. Problem is no one's really helping test them. So a designer can stand hundreds of hours working on a course then spend how many hours play testing their own course. Which is what I did. And you posted in the forum to have tested and no one's interested. So I figured why spend all that time. I'm having more fun just playing over on TGC now anyhow. If they ever bring out a newer version updated with unity in CF I'm sure I'll dive back in again.
mrose

Steam Profile name (Required): matthw.rose

Post by mrose »

The things that you miss are often really, really small and stupid, and sometimes obvious.

If you work on a course, any course long enough, you lose your objectivity. And eventually, your motivation to finish it.

I've never put out anything that an outside eye didn't help make better.
slouis
Steam Profile name (Required): slouis
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by slouis »

I posted what I found on Sand Hills at OGT with screenshots included. I have tested dozens of betas at OGT but have not been playing JNPG much due to a couple of reasons, first it is the real golf season here and when the season is only about 5 1/2 months long I play and practice as much as I can. Secondly I stopped playing PGLS tournies when they suspended play for the Real Timers tourney as I use RTSM. The scores of 3C players at supposedly the most difficult level turns JNPG in to an arcade game.
I appreciate all the high quality courses put out by designers and in my opinion, it is the only thing that has kept my interest in JNPG. Anyway, I hope my comments are helpful. Finally, I agree 100% with Justin's comments.
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

if no one goes into the m&g and chat then people wont know what to test.
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

terbal wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:48 am if no one goes into the m&g and chat then people wont know what to test.
No. Its easy to find out what courses need testing. Its called the "Beta Testing Area."

The problem is that it takes alot of effort to provide feedback. Most finds require a screen shot and an explanation to effectively communicate the issue. It seems that most people don't want to take the time to do that.

Then you have some people that just pull the pin on the grenade and run. They say something non-descriptive that doesn't give the designer enough info to recreate the issue.
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

Is there a way to record and upload a test round straight to this site? and if theres no concerns it can be removed but if there is then its good feeback for designers and easier to explain for testers......

Return to “General Discussion”