PP forum

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: PP forum

Post by davefv92c »

NIBNOB wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am Is there a way to record and upload a test round straight to this site? and if theres no concerns it can be removed but if there is then its good feeback for designers and easier to explain for testers......
yes there is for some, i have started broadcasting some of my rounds, i was testing a course the other day Royal Liverpool
and if i would have found anything i was going to message the designer and point him to the video with a list of what i found
but in my round i could not find anything i would have called an error in his course so there was nothing to report, i came back here to the forums to report my findings of i could not find anything wrong, and give a compliment and i could not even find a thread in the testing forum for that course so i just strolled on to the next round. in the future this is my plan and i do plan on doing some testing for the designers since i do realize that testing is not really being done. i think there should be a special testing team of folks and the betas should be held back from the general population till they are tested and released as finals, as this has always been my biggest bitch about this game , all the different versions that have to be kept up with and switched out in the courses folder. also here is another way each designer should and could put their own private testing groups together with players they trust to who could do the testing for their courses i think some already go this route.
i would like to see Larry (axe360) chime in here on this thread as when this fella releases a courses there is very rarely ever an update, but then again his courses take him a long time to design and release which has always been his way even back into TW08.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

NIBNOB wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am Is there a way to record and upload a test round straight to this site? and if theres no concerns it can be removed but if there is then its good feeback for designers and easier to explain for testers......
Not so sound rude or ungrateful (text can be hard sometimes), but watching somebodies round to find out what is wrong is not acceptable. It takes ALOT of time to make a course and if it takes watching videos of all the rounds played to get the feedback, I am not going to do it. It just adds that much more time. Watching one video would be bad enough, it would be really bad if there were multiple videos to watch.

Again, I am not trying to be combative, but the easy button you describe for the player/tester is in no way an easy button for the designer.

peace
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

well there are other ways to get your courses tested JS, like putting together a small trusted group of friends and doing it that a way
sounds like that would fit you. we are just trying to figure out ways to get the proper testing done, as for watching videos, along with the videos i will be doing to test will be a list of where the troubles are so it would only take a little clicking to find the issues in the video, talk about a PITA is stopping your rounds to make short vids and take screen shots then listing them first in notes kept on your desk, and then having to type it all over again in posts or PMs. but i will gladly skip my way of doing things when ever you get your next one ready for testing, as i would only be willing to spend my time working with folks who would not mind looking at the vids to chase down their issues. you got to remember sure you designers don't want to waste your time ,but either do people doing the testing. hell you use OGT for your testing anyway and sounds like you are happy with that. well some folks here just as a matter of principal don't want anything to do with them because the money to be a tester or playing tourneys is just silly as heck since it is all free here.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Post by NIBNOB »

wouldnt have to watch full video.....tester would say where the problem is like hole 8 2nd shot then designer could fast forward to that point....easy peasy
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

davefv92c wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:35 pm hell you use OGT for your testing anyway and sounds like you are happy with that
I did not use OGT for my second course (I only have 2). Although to be fair, Slice did give me some feedback on the PP forum. So, I guess in effect I did. I appreciated his efforts very much.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad that people are willing to spend their time providing feedback. I am just saying that video isn't a way I am willing to use. Its all about my time. If testers don't want to provide feedback because it takes too much time to do reviews by posting pictures and using text, then I will be the first to say I COMPLETELY understand that.

We all have our preferences and in the end, maybe I will save some testers the time it takes to make a beta test video of one of my courses. If I ever get enough free-time to finish my current WIP!

:drinks:
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
SamA29
Steam Profile name (Required): SamA29

Post by SamA29 »

PP forums still down at 4:45 EDT.

Sam
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

in the 7yrs i have been messing around in there forums, i never seen it down for this long
really makes me wonder.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
Birdie
Steam Profile name (Required): Birdie

Post by Birdie »

gg_fungolfer got a response from Mike on Steam that they are working on it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4016
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

just being realistic i sure hope they don't take as long as they have been telling us
PG2 is in the works been a couple of years for that one and we ain't seen it yet.lol
as i said never seen this same page we are seeing now for longer then a couple of hours.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
SamA29
Steam Profile name (Required): SamA29

Post by SamA29 »