Use of Controllers in PGLS tournies

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.

Should PGLS allow the use of Controllers in the tournies

Poll ended at Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 94

Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: Use of Controllers in PGLS tournies

Post by Affo »

59% yes..
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Ragnar
Steam Profile name (Required): HanBuaal
Has Liked: 44 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Ragnar »

mean's that more then 40% against....
i'm no certified 3 Clicker but a real Sportmen :laugh: :joy:
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

My wonder is "why in the heck should I use a controller if I'm not going to do well" ????????????
Makes no sense to me ??????

I can shoot a +8 and a -8 using my 3-CLICK mouse. Some days I see the meter well some not so well. So Why?

This forum is being ruined by all the whining and crying, nothing constructive at all. No decent threads about the game at all.

Just my thoughts, fire away!

randy
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

RandyG wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09 pm My wonder is "why in the heck should I use a controller if I'm not going to do well" ????????????

I can shoot a +8 and a -8 using my 3-CLICK mouse. Some days I see the meter well some not so well. So Why?

This forum is being ruined by all the whining and crying, nothing constructive at all. No decent threads about the game at all.

randy

You ask why it's for the challenge. I have played 3C all my video golfing life and the only way to keep interested for me is a challenge. I could care less who wins and I only compare my scores to this of my skill level and not who is at the top of the leaderboard. If I play tour rounds and end up +10 or -10 it's all good because all this is for me is a game and not real life and sitting in my recliner playing on a 50 inch TV gives me enjoyment. This is not IRL golf it's entertainment and nothing more.
buck
Steam Profile name (Required): Buck
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by buck »

RandyG wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:09 pm My wonder is "why in the heck should I use a controller if I'm not going to do well" ????????????

randy
This is a bit ironic - lol
:joy:
buck
Steam Profile name (Required): Buck
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by buck »

Re: Controller types.

I really love the DualShock 3 (PS3) controller myself.
The additional travel/range of motion on the analog sticks suits my thumbs well and it can really take on a "swing" feel to it with so much movement.

I even went to the trouble of sourcing several real DS3 controllers and storing them away.
It was a huge PITA, as the world is FULL of fake ones at this point.
Wirenut48
Steam Profile name (Required): wirenut48
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Wirenut48 »

I think way to much emphasis is put on straight shooting controllers. That's not where the difficulty lies playing with the controller. It's the lack of a power meter and distance control. Forgiving (less sensitive) controllers are even going to have more difficulty in that area. I have an old 310 controller I gave a try and didn't even make it a full round before throwing it back in the dust bin. I had my fill of straight shooting rounds playing TGC even with a legit controller. This golf game by far is the most difficult I have played with a controller (I've played them all), so I don't get all this controversy. Every swing type has it's strengths and weaknesses, but I think they balance out well at the end.
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 BTF WIFI, i9-14900K, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6000-CL30, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB+2TB M.2, ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti SUPER BTF, Sony XR-X85X95J@120Hz, HTC Vive
altaedm
Steam Profile name (Required): altaedm

Post by altaedm »

buck wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:46 pm Re: Controller types.

I really love the DualShock 3 (PS3) controller myself.
The additional travel/range of motion on the analog sticks suits my thumbs well and it can really take on a "swing" feel to it with so much movement.

I even went to the trouble of sourcing several real DS3 controllers and storing them away.
It was a huge PITA, as the world is FULL of fake ones at this point.
I used the PS4 Dual Shock - its the only one I ever tried - because it came with the PS4 unit my son had
DoGgs

Steam Profile name (Required): fluid druid

Post by DoGgs »

I have now officially tried most, if not all of the controllers out there and i can 100% say that the xbox 360 is the most difficult, the range of travel starting from the center is slightly more enhanced than the DS4, steam controller or the xbox one controller. These new controllers appear to have more of muted zone in the first few degrees of travel, this is more obvious to me when it comes to racing games. I have played a lot of F1 2019 lately and the 360 pad was a bit of a nightmare when trying to hit apexes smoothly, the initial turn in felt too sensitive ( oversteer ) Now i have a new xbox one controller i am much smoother thru a corner because the initial travel of the stick is slightly less pronounced. This could also be down to the fact that my 360 pad was very worn and suffered from stick drift, a new 360 pad may behave more like an xbox one pad, who knows. The steam controller is a def no no, the central dead zone is way too large and makes the pad close to zero axis.
Legitimate controller player *verified*
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

Weren't controllers banned because its so easy to set them up and cheat? So why do we want to get into that again? But hey, if you do allow it, somebody give me the settings so I can cheat right along with you. NOT !!!
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!

Return to “General Discussion”