Use of Controllers in PGLS tournies

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.

Should PGLS allow the use of Controllers in the tournies

Poll ended at Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 94

buck
Steam Profile name (Required): Buck
Has Liked: 17 times

Re: Use of Controllers in PGLS tournies

Post by buck »

It's almost like some people don't read the thread or other comments and just "post".

lmao
JoeF
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeF
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by JoeF »

Unless you are playing 3C with the meter marks turned off you're using a swing aid, which would never be allowed on a real golf tour. From the perspective of those who play RTS that's an unfair advantage (commonly referred to as a cheat). If PGLS were to set up the tournies with the dots turned off on the swing meter how many monitor screens do you think would have the dots marked on them. People who live in glass houses.....
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

JoeF wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:46 pm Unless you are playing 3C with the meter marks turned off you're using a swing aid, which would never be allowed on a real golf tour. From the perspective of those who play RTS that's an unfair advantage (commonly referred to as a cheat). If PGLS were to set up the tournies with the dots turned off on the swing meter how many monitor screens do you think would have the dots marked on them. People who live in glass houses.....

Spot on Joe and yes you would see the dots on the screen. Yes it is an aid even if they don't want to admit it.
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

I can see the dots on the screen but I still cant hit them perfectly all of the time. Heck, I can't hit them most of the time. With a controller you CAN'T miss. Big difference.
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
Greensboronclion

LinksPro wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:57 pm I can see the dots on the screen but I still cant hit them perfectly all of the time. Heck, I can't hit them most of the time. With a controller you CAN'T miss. Big difference.

You obviously have never tried a controller and have no idea of what you are talking about. Take the time and read the whole thread and you will see that a controller is no picnic and we who use legit equipment have no chance against 3C players. Nothing worse than posting without knowing the facts and just shooting off and you didn't read the thread or you would have known all this.
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

Greensboronclion wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:59 pm
JoeF wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:46 pm Unless you are playing 3C with the meter marks turned off you're using a swing aid, which would never be allowed on a real golf tour. From the perspective of those who play RTS that's an unfair advantage (commonly referred to as a cheat). If PGLS were to set up the tournies with the dots turned off on the swing meter how many monitor screens do you think would have the dots marked on them. People who live in glass houses.....
Spot on Joe and yes you would see the dots on the screen. Yes it is an aid even if they don't want to admit it.
I find the 3-click very challenging and frustrating but never boring. I never realized I was cheating using dots either :hmmm: :oops: :innocent:
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

RandyG wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:46 pmI find the 3-click very challenging and frustrating but never boring. I never realized I was cheating using dots either :hmmm: :oops: :innocent:
Anything the game allows is legal. However. Steam allows a certain type of Controller to be adjusted so it nearly hits a 0.1 to 0.3 shot every time. We 3Clickers usually miss 0.5 to 2.5, a perfect 0.00 snap is a rare occurence.

As for dots on the meter, they are included in the game at all levels of play. I personally voiced my opinion a long time ago about Tour Pro not having dots by default. Dots do allow a player a big advantange.

As a Tour Pro player I do not use dots on the meter. I am hoping IF PG2 arrives they take away dots for Tour Pro.

This is the colored meter I use. We can customize the color of the meter which is nice, nothing else though. How to change the colors is posted in the Perfect Golf forum.
http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/58 ... %20+colors

Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Leegolfer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:34 pm I am hoping IF PG2 arrives they take away dots for Tour Pro.
Totally agree, or an extra level to incorporate this and no grid, just BLI?
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Greensboronclion

Affo I really have never liked the grid and prefer the BLI just as I did in Links and wish the grid was eliminated for all events. As for the dots I believe they are a huge help and won't lie when I do play 3C here I use the meter with dots also as it's in the game so it's legal but just because it's legal doesn't mean it's not an aid.
maxie
Steam Profile name (Required): maxie
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by maxie »

Not using the dots for those that do is just another ego trip. Removing them would be no game breaker after so many hours in game they are implanted into your brain anyway, im sure if i played with no dots i would easily know where they were on the meter . Or as previously mentioned a little mark on the monitor would do the trick,then another can of worms would be opened and more cheat accusations would follow . As far as the BLI and grid go remove them both for tour pro that would be a game breaker .

Return to “General Discussion”