More tournaments.

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
BlackCat0315

Steam Profile name (Required): BlackCat0315
Has Liked: 2 times

More tournaments.

Post by BlackCat0315 »

Can I make a plea for a couple more tournaments please ?

I know that people will say that they won't be able to play them or there will be too many but in my mind, its better to have too much than leave people wanting. There is no obligation for people to play and not all tournaments need be included for purposes of rankings and handicaps so players won't lose out.

I would suggest one more 9 hole and one more 18 hole.

Maybe a poll could be put up ?

Many thanks
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: More tournaments.

Post by davefv92c »

i got to agree with what you are saying here
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

To be honest I cant see how more tournaments are needed as last week only 45 players completed the PGA18. We need more players not more events but just my 2cents.
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

i would expect an answer like that from you greens,as you have admitted many times
in forums that you are so busy with RL things you don't have the time to play many tourneys
and that is great for you. there are many on here who have the time to play them, granted i have only played in 120 something this period
but i think back at the 5 months i took off playing during my fight with cancer. if you look at guys like Mark (nibnob) he has better then 300 tourneys in during this period. a lot of folks on here are retired and or disabled and we have the time and the love for the game to play all we can. you say we need more players well please enlighten us in how we get them? as im sure Mark has used all his ideas as to how to draw more players but to be honest he has a big sector of the folks but the game altogether does not. you never know a few more tourneys may draw more people, and it may not but anything is worth taking a shot with.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
SimChars1968
Steam Profile name (Required): SimChars1968
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by SimChars1968 »

You don't necessarily need more tournaments, what I think will get people interested is to have a gross and net(handicapped) leaderboard for all the competitions. This is in no way a swipe at our usual leaders, I applaud them for how good they are(even though it is using 3 click which I hate), but why can't we run two leaderboards for all comps? People might be a bit more interested if there is a chance they can affect the outcome of a competition. I know people will say there will be be sand-baggers etc, but so what, it seems however we choose to play there will always be players that go to any length to come out on top.
Greensboronclion

davefv92c wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:23 pm i would expect an answer like that from you greens,as you have admitted many times
in forums that you are so busy with RL things you don't have the time to play many tourneys
and that is great for you. there are many on here who have the time to play them, granted i have only played in 120 something this period
but i think back at the 5 months i took off playing during my fight with cancer. if you look at guys like Mark (nibnob) he has better then 300 tourneys in during this period. a lot of folks on here are retired and or disabled and we have the time and the love for the game to play all we can. you say we need more players well please enlighten us in how we get them? as im sure Mark has used all his ideas as to how to draw more players but to be honest he has a big sector of the folks but the game altogether does not. you never know a few more tourneys may draw more people, and it may not but anything is worth taking a shot with.

We got 20 rounds a week in regular tournaments and 8 available in two special events. That is a good bit plus there are other country clubs to play also so it's not like we are lacking. I understand that a lot of guys are retired as so am I but why not play matches online to fill the void?
BlackCat0315

Steam Profile name (Required): BlackCat0315
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by BlackCat0315 »

I am not interested in seeing net and gross leaderboards or more statistics. I want something to fill up my time not more to look at !! Like I said, having too much is better than too little. I am in full time work and could easily fit in another 4 or 5 tournaments if I chose to but I think another couple would be good. We could start utilising the par 3 courses with a Closest to the Pin for instance or a Par 3 challenge.

People who do not have time can simply play their favourites and leave stuff that they aren't bothered about. But at least, if they are bored, there is something for them to have a pop at if they want. Personally, I do not like the one on one stuff, I just like to pit myself against a leaderboard. Besides, I generally play the tournies along side a friend so I get that one on one as I go.

As for getting more players, that is really down to PP to get their act together and start developing this game. PG will be dead in 12 months if they don't.
Greensboronclion

BlackCat0315 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:27 am I am not interested in seeing net and gross leaderboards or more statistics. I want something to fill up my time not more to look at !! Like I said, having too much is better than too little. I am in full time work and could easily fit in another 4 or 5 tournaments if I chose to but I think another couple would be good. We could start utilising the par 3 courses with a Closest to the Pin for instance or a Par 3 challenge.

People who do not have time can simply play their favourites and leave stuff that they aren't bothered about. But at least, if they are bored, there is something for them to have a pop at if they want. Personally, I do not like the one on one stuff, I just like to pit myself against a leaderboard. Besides, I generally play the tournies along side a friend so I get that one on one as I go.

As for getting more players, that is really down to PP to get their act together and start developing this game. PG will be dead in 12 months if they don't.

First off it's time consuming to setup events and they could add ten more events and some here would still want more so when is enough going to ever be enough for some. Second if your waiting for PP to develop this game save your breath it's not happening and we all know that. This game is what it is and be thankful for what you have and for that matter for free as this is a free site.
davefv92c

Post by davefv92c »

greens you act like it is your time that would be spent, or maybe you speak for Mark
well maybe he should speak for himself i doubt he needs you to. just because you are not happy with the tourneys because of the swing
method you use, that is a personal problem and all you are doing here is trying to rain on others parades. as you always seem to do. to be honest
you don't want it so know one should that is how it looks like your thinker works. i remember reading posts of your where you said we should all be forced to play the method you do. sounds like a control issue to me. give it a break dude.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Let me put a lid on this now.

Recently we have stopped 4 tournies, the Zombies Country Club, the RTCC Country Club, League Tables and the KO tourney, all for various reasons.

We are currently looking at creating a new tourney but won't be rushed into it. Once it approaches completion we will reveal more details.

We are also acutely aware of saturating the playing field with too many tournies. A lot of players will go all out to take part in every single one of them which of course is up to them.

Players should always bear in mind that you do not need to take part in everything we offer at PGLS but we do try to offer as much variation in our tournies as possible to benefit all players of PG.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “General Discussion”