Games Lobby

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Games Lobby

Post by Seasider47 »

Meet and Greet as always surved a double purpose. 1 somewhere for new and existing members to chat and ask questions and a place to arrange a game. I wonder if a seperate room named games Lobby is needed as often member log onto PGLS and meet and greet then go and do something else. So when members enter meet and greet looking for a game they are met with a list of names who are not waiting.

We have a seperate room whilst waiting for Knock out to start and we have a Lounge (not sure if that is used much so how about a games lobby soley for members who are waiting for a ladder or PGA game. A like to waiting for games lobby could be given in meet and greet.

I'm not sure if this is the way ahaed but its better than the system we have now.

Your thoughts welcome
DCI_JONES
Steam Profile name (Required): DCI_JONES
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Games Lobby

Post by DCI_JONES »

Good idea Paul we could have the Meet & Greet lounge and Waiting for a Game Lobby
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

I think have it so players enter into the Lounge (chatting and chilling with a bit of casual game-making on the side), but then move to a Waiting For A Game lobby (no messing - you are in there to get down to business). It does make good sense.

Good thought Paul.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

The default room in M & G is now "The_Lounge". :good:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Seasider47

Post by Seasider47 »

Thanks Mark lets see what happens. At the least if someone is in lobby then it will be because they are there to get a game
DinoMC
Steam Profile name (Required): DinoMC

Post by DinoMC »

A good suggestion Paul.
--Dean
i7-6800K @4.2ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 980ti
W10
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

When I am in "game mode" I like to quickly pick-up a Ladder Match and get on with it. This is great idea! Kudos! :drinks:
Seasider47

Post by Seasider47 »

My pet hate is players you log in for a game and then go off and do something else and they dont have the decency to put up that they are BUSY or AWAY.

The whole idea of setting up a seperate channel is for people to sign in for a game and wait hoping for an outcome. Still people are signing in then going for a solo game or doing something else, this is inconsiderate to other players. I know we have all got into the bad habbit because you can hang around for someone to enter but this habbit only puts others off entering. We cant help being called away from computer but lets get into the habbit by at least letting other players know your away or if you cant hang about for a game log out. Thank you
Biffa

Post by Biffa »

A lot of players don't realise that if they just X out of the chat screen they are still in chat until they get timed out, the only way to leave chat so you aren't hanging around in there for a while is to use the "log out" button which is top left on the chat page.
IMO this is how a lot are sitting in chat when they have actually gone.
Seasider47

Post by Seasider47 »

Thanks for that info. I wasnt sure

Return to “General Discussion”