Pro level Drive Distance Question

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
J.H. Buchanan
Steam Profile name (Required): jswarpaint

Pro level Drive Distance Question

Post by J.H. Buchanan »

Does anyone know how far when a person plays Perfect Golf on Pro level how far does their drive go including how far the drive carries and how far the overall distance is. I am unable to play on Pro level because I constantly slice the ball so I cannot figure this out. But I figured since so many play on pro level they would know off hand basically how far their drives go especially when this info is provided at the end of any course. Just something I would like to figure out thanks !!!
Wirenut48
Steam Profile name (Required): wirenut48
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Re: Pro level Drive Distance Question

Post by Wirenut48 »

Just look at the round stats of a pro player in one of the tournament leaderboards.
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 BTF WIFI, i9-14900K, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6000-CL30, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB+2TB M.2, ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti SUPER BTF, Sony XR-X85X95J@120Hz, HTC Vive
charlie
Steam Profile name (Required): cer1949
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by charlie »

The wind makes a difference. On the driving range (10 stimp and Normal hardness) with normal trajectory and minimal wind against me (1-5 mph), I generally carry my driver 270-275 with 14-15 yard rollout. With a helping wind (1-5 mph), I pick up 5-10 yards. So generally 284-297 yards in these conditions; occasionally 300+ but not that often.

I don't click; I use the Motion Swing. I generally swing at 102-105%.

Of course, in play, many other things in addition to the wind affect the distance - uphill or downhill landing area, hard or soft fairways, good contact, power applied, trajectory, good line, etc.
Bilbad
Steam Profile name (Required): Bilbad
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bilbad »

The ball carries the same whatever level you play, there is no difference in carry or total distance between Hacker/Amateur/Pro/TP.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

If you don't want to sacrifice distance for accuracy, be sure to keep using the default ball. The CDL ball is liked by some players but you lose a few yards on your woods and long irons.
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Post by terbal »

Bilbad wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:13 am The ball carries the same whatever level you play, there is no difference in carry or total distance between Hacker/Amateur/Pro/TP.
not sure thats true? the amateur level goes further in my experience.
Bilbad
Steam Profile name (Required): Bilbad
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bilbad »

A poor "snap" /MS swing can effect distances, but a perfect 12/6 (3C) or .25 (MS) will result in the same distance, in my experience. The one difference I've noticed between styles is a 7w MS swing, carries 212yds and 216yds with 3C.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

Bilbad wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:38 am A poor "snap" /MS swing can effect distances, but a perfect 12/6 (3C) or .25 (MS) will result in the same distance, in my experience. The one difference I've noticed between styles is a 7w MS swing, carries 212yds and 216yds with 3C.
I agree about snap, especially in Tour Pro 3C. Missing snap really messes with distance. Same for the ball, the default Avant ball goes farther but is more vulnerable to a missed snap. I am speaking about Tour Pro 3c. Your mileage may vary.
TheOtherRick
Steam Profile name (Required): TheOtherRick
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by TheOtherRick »

The carry distance listed for your driver is accurate to within a yard or two, with no wind, no elevation, and a perfect swing. This applies to all modes of swing. The aforementioned variables (wind, elevation, and perfect swing) affect your distance more the higher you go in difficulty. Mistakes on Amateur or lower difficulty are forgiven much more than Pro or Tour Pro. Hope that helps...
To Thine Own Self Be True

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Return to “General Discussion”