210 yard tee shots

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

210 yard tee shots

Post by Greensboronclion »

Three times today in the 2nd round I hit perfect snap and ended up with way less than club distance. On hole on the backside I hit a perfect snap and the tee shot went 210 yards into the water and hit a hit a 3W the same and it went about 140 yards into the water with the rough only showing 8%. The last shot I hit there was again from the tee on the 475 yard par 4 and the ball off the tee with again a perfect snap went about 190 yards and then it was quit time for me. My question is it the course or is it yet another bug and I am sure this has happened to me before at other courses but never three times. Just very frustrating that this crap keeps coming up.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Re: 210 yard tee shots

Post by Riddler »

Sorry about your issue but makes no sense. The only times I have ever had that experience is when I hit an errant shot that would require a drop and the game does not give me that option. When returning you are able to rehit the last shot but the power loss might be 30% or above. Did you save any of those shots?
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Riddler no I didn't but should have. I am beginning to think it might be a collider issue but other should have had it and it also could have happened if there was an internet drop as that is possible as I play on the road using a Verizon Jet Pack. They were perfect snaps though thats what was so frustrating.
charlie
Steam Profile name (Required): cer1949
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by charlie »

For players using the Motion Swing (mouse movers), the program has a feature that automatically reduces your distance if you take too long to complete the backswing and the downswing. I don't know the exact amount of time permitted before this penalty is triggered, but it has happened to me on occasion. I know that my total swing time is too slow when this happens. And, when it happens on a shot over water, you can imagine the result.

I would not think that clickers would experience this. The meter should move at the same speed for every player. I don't think you can speed the meter up or slow it down, right? So I would be surprised if this is a problem for clickers. But the program does contain this penalty for those who move the mouse to make a swing if the total time taken to complete the swing is too slow.

Return to “PGLS Tours”