Sudden stutters

Post here anything to do with technical issues with computers in general. Don't expect a response but I'm sure people would be happy to try.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Sudden stutters

Post by Perculator »

I have recently started experiencing stutters in the meter as well as graphically, this just popped up out of the blue. I am wondering if these Internet speeds are ok:

Ping: 1 ms
Download; 94.59 Mbps
Upload: 94.85 Mbps

Is it not a bit odd that the upload is a bit faster than the DL? Not tested in a long time but I seem to recall upload was always slower.

Thanks in advance

Perc
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: Sudden stutters

Post by davefv92c »

IT DON'T SEEM RIGHT FOR YOUR upload to be faster than the download
and I would not think you should not have any issues with the download speed you are posting. could this be happening when someone else is hosting you?
I just ran a speed test and all I am running is 25mbts and I never have any issues what so ever when I am hosting.
sometimes in MP when others are hosting I do have issues but that is only from folks across the pond or of very long distance from me.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
NIBNOB
Steam Profile name (Required): marknibnoble
Has Liked: 125 times
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by NIBNOB »

Ping Download Upload
36 ms 220.79 Mb/s 20.78 Mb/s
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 405 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Perculator wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:17 pm I have recently started experiencing stutters in the meter as well as graphically, this just popped up out of the blue. I am wondering if these Internet speeds are ok:

Ping: 1 ms
Download; 94.59 Mbps
Upload: 94.85 Mbps

Is it not a bit odd that the upload is a bit faster than the DL? Not tested in a long time but I seem to recall upload was always slower.

Thanks in advance

Perc
Perc, whose your ISP because it does look a bit wrong. :hmmm:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Steps:
1. Reboot your Router/Modem

2. Check for Windows Updates Manually

3. Try www.speedtest.net in two different web-browsers.

4. Post your results here again.
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

I have figured out the problem. Could not understand why it happened so suddenly, wondering if I had done something different. Then I remembered, the only thing I had recently done is that I created a slideshow folder with a bunch of high def pix that would alternate as my BG pix on my monitors. I had it set to alternate every 60 seconds. I disabled the slide show and stutters stopped. Mystery solved.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

Perculator wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:31 am I have figured out the problem. Could not understand why it happened so suddenly, wondering if I had done something different. Then I remembered, the only thing I had recently done is that I created a slideshow folder with a bunch of high def pix that would alternate as my BG pix on my monitors. I had it set to alternate every 60 seconds. I disabled the slide show and stutters stopped. Mystery solved.
Great news! Glad you found it so quickly. Sliders still giving me fits. No consistency so figuring out why is baffling. Only thing that seems to work, at least now, is to change my wired mouse which I have 4 different models just to help with sliders.
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Perculator wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:31 am I have figured out the problem. Could not understand why it happened so suddenly, wondering if I had done something different. Then I remembered, the only thing I had recently done is that I created a slideshow folder with a bunch of high def pix that would alternate as my BG pix on my monitors. I had it set to alternate every 60 seconds. I disabled the slide show and stutters stopped. Mystery solved.
A good solution for any gamer, glad you discovered it on your machine. I personally have recommended to all my gamer clients not to have a rotating background. Anything that steals system resources during gaming can effect an HD3D game.

I also recommend to everyone to reduce Windows Visuals effects. For very low end computer go to "Advanced System Settings" and click on "Best Performance" Higher end machines are a mix and match of custom visual effects. This is how I have mine setup.

Briso
Steam Profile name (Required): Briso
Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Post by Briso »

Is it better to play with a wired mouse or cordless to reduce stutters?

Return to “Technical Support”