PGLS Tours Season 2 (2021)

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 406 times

PGLS Tours Season 2 (2021)

Post by Mwh65 »

PGLS would like to announce that Season 2 of the PGLS Tours will commence on the 7th January 2021 00:00 GMT. Players are now able to choose their Guest Events via the 'My Tour' page as before ready for the start ...

tourney_tours_mytour.php

and remember you must make sure you have confirmed your selections for Leg 1 before it starts.

The new season will bring in a few changes especially with regard to Guest Events and that the Season has been broken up into 3 Legs, with each leg allowing you to choose up to 3 Guest Events. Also the PGLS Tours will now run from Thursday to Tuesday with a rest day on Wednesday and an extra week has been added to the end which is a Team event.

Full rules for the PGLS Tours are available here ...

rules.php?ruleset=29

2021 will we hope see the Ryder Cup being played for real at Whistling Straits and at PGLS from the 1st September. The PGLS Tours will form a major part in the Captains / Vice Captains decisions on who plays.

We would like to wish all players the best of luck for the new Season :good:

If you have any questions no matter how small, please reply to this topic.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Re: PGLS Tours Season 2 (2021)

Post by JMK59 »

A little bit of information on what's in store for the new Tour:

2021 SEASON
Welcome to the 2021 edition of the PGLS Tours. The American schedule is based on the PGA Tour's 2021 schedule, with an emphasis on the FedEx Cup. The Continental schedule is based on the European Tour's 2021 schedule. Sprinkled in are Majors, WGC events, Ryder and Presidents Cups, Olympics, and World Cup team events. Each schedule matches (for the most part) the TV coverage for that week.

SCHEDULES
There are 47 total Events (weeks) for each Tour with 37 Regular + 10 Crossover Events. The Season runs from 7 January to 25 November, 2021.
Crossover Events are played by both Tours as one large leaderboard. These are any of the Majors, WGC Events, Olympics, Ryder and Presidents Cups, and the ISPS World Cup of Golf (team event). Attached is a Notepad version of both schedules and courses. Turn off word wrap.
2021 Tour Scedules.txt
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 121 times

The full Season consists of 3 Legs (Spring, Summer, and Fall) on each Tour, with each Leg ending in a Crossover Event.
Each Leg is about 14 to 16 Events (~2.5 months) and each will have a winner. There will also be an overall Season winner using the results of all 47 Events (the grind).
Mark has assigned the points values to each Event.
download/tours_earnings_system.xlsx

COURSES
There are 52 courses used on the American Tour schedule, with 44 Real and 8 Fictional. Four Events use multiple courses.
There are 51 courses on the Continental Tour schedule, with 44 Real and 7 Fictional. Three Events use multiple course.

Most of the courses on the Continental Tour don't exist in Perfect Golf, so when I pick a replacement I go for playability first, a real course second, then as close in style and similar look third. Spain, Portugal, and Italy look similar to California; the Middle East looks a lot like Florida; Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands look like the Ohio area; Asia resembles Texas of all places. Mexico City is high altitude, so I used The Preserve at Stanley Lake (5357 ft).

When you ask yourself "why this course" do the following. Google the tournament name, look at the actual course, then look at the replacement. I used the above process.

ISPS WORLD CUP OF GOLF (NSW) - Event 47
All of the season Legs end in a Crossover Event so I thought the Fall Leg needed one also. Just so happens, there exists such a tournament that's played in late November in non-Olympic years.

In years past, the ISPS Handa World Cup Team event has been played in late November. It appeared on the FEDEX schedule in 2007 and was hosted in China; the last three events were hosted in Australia. We have some real quality New South Wales Australian courses that could be used in a rotation for this. The event invites twenty-eight countries of 2-man teams to compete in a total strokes competition, with 2 rounds of best ball, and two rounds of alt shot. This is exactly the PAIRS 9 format with 18 hole rounds.

First and foremost, this event is a team competition - you need to find a teammate.

The scoring format for rounds 1 and 3 is Scramble. Both players tee off, then pick the best lie of the two. Both players play 2nd shots from that lie. Rinse and repeat. The scoring format for rounds 2 and 4 is Alternate Shot. Each player takes alternate shots. Total team strokes for 4 rounds determines the winner. This is a WGC event worth 125 points to each winning team member (Tour Pro level).

Good Luck & Have Fun, :drinks:

JMK59
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 264 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

Absolutely fabulous work by all involved in setting this up for 2021 - really appreciated.

So come on everyone let's all support this tour and have a great year.

See you all out on the course and may you have birdies and eagles aplenty
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 264 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

A question on my mind and maybe some others.

If you make your selections for the 2021 tour and confirm them, but then change your mind about your selections, can you make changes as long as they are done BEFORE the 2021 tour commences ?
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

Am really impressed with the work that has been put in on the 2021 Pgls Tour. This year my choice of guest tours was on the whole to miss dodgy courses but very different this year, was much harder to choose, my choice was more to enable me to play courses I favour, even then I was dissappointed at not playing the one I skipped. I like the idea of the three legs and the team event and am raring to go.

I have planned courses for PGA18, PGA9 and stableford around the PGLS tour to ensure that we have no clashes, many of the courses that PGLS Tour uses in Leg one will not appear in other main toues till the latter stage of the year.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 406 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Golferdee wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 am A question on my mind and maybe some others.

If you make your selections for the 2021 tour and confirm them, but then change your mind about your selections, can you make changes as long as they are done BEFORE the 2021 tour commences ?
Once Leg 1 starts on 7th January you cannot make changes to your Guest Events for Leg 1. However you can still make changes to Legs 2 and 3.

Basically you cannot make changes to the current Leg in play.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
JMK59

Post by JMK59 »

I'm glad everyone so far is looking at the 2021 season with positive thoughts.

The nature of the PGA and European Tours is that they go back to the same venues year after year. If we follow suite with the PGLS Tour, after a few seasons things might get somewhat boring. So...I'm already thinking about new ideas to make the 2022 season not only more realistic, but have some new "twists".

Once Leg 1 get underway, I'll post a "sticky" thread to outline some of my ideas and to solicit ideas from our members.

Have Fun this year! :v:
JMK59

Post by JMK59 »

Just an update...

247 members collectively are signed up for one of the two Tours (a few more on the American side), but only 29 have gone through the Guest tournament selection process.

Are members waiting to select closer to 7 January, or are you unhappy with some aspect of the Tour in general?

Just curious.

JMK59
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

IMHO the members are just waiting until the holidays are over. Other factors could also be causing the delay, like real life, which is unlike anything we have seen before. Finally think Field Of Dreams: "They will come".
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

Lots of time yet, the way our world right now seems as if no one is in a hurry to do anything. they will sign on just give it a little time.
lots of new people joining now to which is great to see considering how many folks have left for the arcade
model of golf that has come out.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652

Return to “PGLS Tours”