2021 Course Selection Notes

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: 2021 Course Selection Notes

Post by davefv92c »

I do have a question why in the heck are we mixing up courses in the tourneys now?
week 6 American we have 3 different courses being used, makes no sense to me at all why this would happen in this tour.
this was one of my favorite events last year but now I am looking at it in a totally different light.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Perculator
Steam Profile name (Required): Perculator
Has Liked: 65 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Post by Perculator »

Week 6 is the Pebble Beach tourney and it has always used different courses during that week. 1st and 4th round at Pebble. So this is a good call by the setter.
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Post by JMK59 »

I'm starting to re-think the tournaments that use one course for three rounds, and a different one for a single round. Even though the real tournament is run like this, without some kind of cut the second course isn't adding anything to the emersion factor (for me, anyway).

For next year's PGLS Tour I think only two tournament merit the mult-course treatment, the AT&T Pebble Beach ( Pebble, Spyglass, and Spanish Bay) and the Alfred Dunhill Links (St Andrews, Carnoustie, ans W Lancashire). Both are using real courses from the correct geographic area, so that's a plus. The rest should go back to single course setups.

Maybe the Farmer's at Torrey Pines. Uses the South Course for rounds 1, 3, and 4 and the North course for round 2. We have both of these courses, so should we keep this one as the only 2 course tournament (for next year)?

This is the kind of golf talk I intended in this thread, so keep the opinions coming but stay on topic, please.
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

I was just wondering cause last year I don't remember any of the tourneys that were set up on multi courses.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Yes, this week's course isn't the best but it can be played, just with caution. 1st round I played too gung ho and paid the price, 3rd round I played the course, still made a couple of "go for it" bad decisions (both short par 4's) and got nothing in return, the other 16 holes were played conservatively and course manged. Where did I want to be (roughly) and some greens I decided par was good enough, just need to be patient.

But yeah, don't use it again, lol!

Trying to reel Fubzee, Nib and SJude in, but I fancy giving 7/8 in round 1 will be my undoing this week.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
JMK59

Post by JMK59 »

Each season we've tried some new ideas 1) to mimic the real PGA and European Tours, and 2) to keep things interesting for the members. Some work and some don't. If we can discuss this kind of stuff here without bashing each other over the head, then next year's Tour can have more of what we all want. :good:
whattashot
Steam Profile name (Required): whattashot
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by whattashot »

Perculator wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:25 pm Week 6 is the Pebble Beach tourney and it has always used different courses during that week. 1st and 4th round at Pebble. So this is a good call by the setter.
This isn't week 6 is it?
whattashot
Steam Profile name (Required): whattashot
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by whattashot »

JMK59 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:52 pm Each season we've tried some new ideas 1) to mimic the real PGA and European Tours, and 2) to keep things interesting for the members. Some work and some don't. If we can discuss this kind of stuff here without bashing each other over the head, then next year's Tour can have more of what we all want. :good:
Glad to hear you are open to comments. Thanks.
JMK59

Post by JMK59 »

EVENT # 4: 27 Jan 2021
John (Torrey) & Alan (Jupiter Dunes) set the pins/conditions this week.

American: Farmers Insurance @ Torrey Pines - I'll be setting the pins for this based on last year's real locations (PGATour.com), with this year's forcasted weather. Round 4, par 5 6th - stay short & right on green for eagle pin; left is a double bogey.
Weather forecast for Torrey Pines - https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/far ... ather.html

Continental: Omega Dubai Desert Classic @ Jupiter Dunes.
Weather forecast for Dubai, UAE - https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/ae/dubai
JoeBradley
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeBradley
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by JoeBradley »

Plam Sands Golf Resort. Yikes, how did this find its way onto the calendar? Like playing a miniature golf course as a Lego figure golfer. Wow, those benches, those... everything. I played it, but not with any great joy or enthusiasm.

Return to “PGLS Tours”