90 degree turn during snap - 3click meter

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
bbbuckshot1
Steam Profile name (Required): BBBUCKSHOT1
Been Liked: 240 times

Re: 90 degree turn during snap - 3click meter

Post by bbbuckshot1 »

This has also happened to me - no bull
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

NibNob and myself are talking about the same thing, just didn't words. If you are humming along with a good round you have developed a rythm. That rythm may cause you to "click to early" to start the meter before it's fully loaded. I agree with them.

I also want to point the "panic click". You may have lost focus for a 1ms and in effect, lunged at the left mouse button. A super quick and hard click that can cause the mouse to be lifted up, moved forward or sideways. This effects us 3clickers, a "panic snap" may effect Mouse Motion swings as well.
Taragor
Steam Profile name (Required): Taragor

Post by Taragor »

Hi All,

I've had this happen to me a number of times and it's annoying as hell.

My solution is to hold down the right mouse button prior to starting my swing with the left button as it locks the scroll. Gotta right click outside the click area though or it brings up the club selector.

Unfortunately it doesn't help with me hitting the snap sigh.

Tar
jspirate

Steam Profile name (Required): jspirate
Has Liked: 53 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Post by jspirate »

Crusher wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:54 pm That rythm may cause you to "click to early" to start the meter before it's fully loaded.
I don't believe this to be the issue. Part of my pre-shot routine includes a longish pause before starting my swing and I've had this happen probably a half-dozen times now. It comes and goes on its own and seems to happen multiple times close together and then disappear for some time before reappearing. I dunno...

It can really ruin a good round though. Especially when the ball ends up OB :wacko:
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

Only happens to me when I move the mouse while swinging. I now reduce the speed of the pointer and it hasn't happened in quite awhile.
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

this happens to my pairs partner every now and again, I have never had it happen
to be quite honest I think it is a glitch in the aiming that happens, I have also had other partners it has happened with and then seen it happen in MP with others. the only thing I don't understand is why does it not happen to all, after reading Riddlers post I went in-game and tried everything I could do during the clicking phase and could not get it to happen while moving the mouse during the clicking process.
really a strange one that just seems to affect some but not all. would be nice to get a video clip of this happening with the meter in the clip
to see if there is something noticeable during the swing but you guys that have this issue would have to record full rounds till it happened. now that I am thinking of this my partner records about everything he plays I will see if he can find this happening in one of his videos, that may take a few days to get a hold of him he is having a hip replaced tomorrow and may not be on the computer for a few days. I will try and get this done next week so we can get a clip to look at, we may find the reason this way. if it is something the operator is doing or just a random glitch.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

To add to all of our ideas, I recently did a clean install of W10 20H2. I have a 144Hz 1920 x 1080 gaming monitor 1ms response time. I started playing PG before I went into Nvidia Control Panel and set the hertz to 144. My monitor automatically defaults to 60Hz.

The mouse snap was not crisp at all, almost slow-ish if you will. I had to think about why this was happening with a new install. After going through my check-list I realized that I did not crank the monitor frequency up to it's optimum performance - 144Hz. I opened Nvidia Control Panel, changed the hertz and voila! The snap became sharp as a tack, no lags, no slides.

Be sure if your monitor is capable of anything above 60Hz to use your Nvidia Panel to find your best frequency. It makes a difference even at 75hz.

The sweet spot for any gaming monitor is: 1ms response time and 144Hz. Personally I will never buy a 2k or 4k monitor. I am not a professional gamer in this golf game but I do know that gamers want the fastest monitor response as possible. An LCD/TN monitor without glare around 24-27 inches wide with 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1ms response time and 144Hz is the favorite for all types of gaming pros. Brand is a personal choice.

Hope that helps.

jspirate

Post by jspirate »

Crusher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:13 pm Personally I will never buy a 2k or 4k monitor. I am not a professional gamer in this golf game but I do know that gamers want the fastest monitor response as possible. An LCD/TN monitor without glare around 24-27 inches wide with 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1ms response time and 144Hz is the favorite for all types of gaming pros. Brand is a personal choice.
Buying a 2k monitor makes alot of sense when you get a larger monitor. On a 32 inch 1920 X 1080 pixel monitor the pixels are big enough to notice. Jump to the 2k monitor and bam, its all good. For a 32 inch monitor I think 4K is overkill.
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

jspirate wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:48 pm
Crusher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:13 pm Personally I will never buy a 2k or 4k monitor. I am not a professional gamer in this golf game but I do know that gamers want the fastest monitor response as possible. An LCD/TN monitor without glare around 24-27 inches wide with 1920 x 1080 pixels, 1ms response time and 144Hz is the favorite for all types of gaming pros. Brand is a personal choice.
Buying a 2k monitor makes alot of sense when you get a larger monitor. On a 32 inch 1920 X 1080 pixel monitor the pixels are big enough to notice. Jump to the 2k monitor and bam, its all good. For a 32 inch monitor I think 4K is overkill.
Did you not research what the gaming pros use? We are not pros but the tip in my post is to be able to play "this game" without the problems and not have to spend lots of money. I am thinking about those on a budget. :biggrin:
jspirate

Post by jspirate »

Crusher wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 pm
Did you not research what the gaming pros use? We are not pros but the tip in my post is to be able to play "this game" without the problems and not have to spend lots of money. I am thinking about those on a budget. :biggrin:
No I didn't research what the gaming pros use. My monitor doesn't get used for much gaming. In fact, its probably only about 5% of its use. That's why pixel size was part of the consideration.
i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
LG 32GK850G

Courses:
Bradford Links
Ironwood
Cypress Landing & CL 3DG
Crow's Nest
187 CAGs and counting...