How Realistic Do We What This Tour?

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

How Realistic Do We What This Tour?

Post by Riddler »

I know this tour tries to match the PGA and European Tour as close as possible, including weather conditions. I just checked Heacham Manor for Thursday through Sunday and all four days will have strong gusty winds. Now most players do not like gusty winds and I am one of them. They can fluctuate 10 to 20 mph hour per second sometimes or can change directions. Even using strong breezes all four rounds may also irritate many. Any opinions on how realistic we should be?

Thanks for any comments,

Alan
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Has Liked: 61 times
Been Liked: 68 times

Re: How Realistic Do We What This Tour?

Post by Affo »

Yes, going to be a windy few days here in the UK. For me, the closer to reality the better. It will put some off as it will become a mini tuff stuff but at the end of the day...same for all and the wind gusts in real life and blows good shots off course!

Just my humble opinion as requested.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
davefv92c
Steam Profile name (Required): davefv92c
Has Liked: 244 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by davefv92c »

I am not playing that course this tour but I am still going to give my opinion because
what happens could also happen on the other tour, we all know the winds stronger than a strong breeze.
just doesn't work right as PP did not implement the entire wind program that JMK made for them ways back.
they are just a crapshoot.
I think it would also alter the numbers greatly. and leave a lot of players upset and looking to miss tourneys with anything
stronger than a strong breeze.
I also doubt the same gusts will be the same all the time for all players there are a lot of things in the weather that are just random as heck.
the other day I was playing a round in the tour with another player and it was raining on them most of the round where I did not get rain till the 15th hole. that is one reason I pretty much quit using rain in many of the tourneys I set. I realize that it changes nothing in the gameplay, but it does play with some people's heads.
CUK MANTIS SERIES.
Liquid Cooled Intel i9,32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD
RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU
35"CURVED VIOTEK MONITOR 200Hz
Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive
Klipsch Sound System
BENCHMARKS-
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38611652
Affo
Steam Profile name (Required): Affo
Been Liked: 68 times

Post by Affo »

Definitely keep it within the game's realistic bounds like Dave said.
The scores may be unrealistic, or even a joke but heyho, that's what we got.

Play well and enjoy your game everyone! :drinks:

btw, not a game for snowflakes.

https://www.twitch.tv/affo01

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQQ0c ... dgs0U6nODQ
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I always take into accounts the ability of the game when setting wind. We know that anything over 17mph is unreliable, there is no fun insetting yourself up to playing a shot in a 20 mile an hour situation when in fact it could play to between 25-30 mph.
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Post by JMK59 »

I agree with the above comments about staying within the limits of the game. Since I know the wind mechanics very well, anything above 17 mph starts to have an exponential increase.

So...I won't set winds above 17 mph. Example: the last round at Bayhill called for 20+ mph winds and you saw the results on TV. I set our winds at 17 mph and the scores for R4 were very similar to the Pros. I think that's real within the games limits

As for the question of four straight days of gusty winds, I use wunderground.com to look at the cyclic change in wind strength and direction to tie it into the time of day that gets set for the round.
Players Weather.JPG
There is usually a time of day where the winds max out, so pick different start times.

Also...the Continental Tour is using Heacham Manor as a substitute for Nairobi, Kenya.
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/HKNW
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 264 times

Post by Riddler »

John are you saying I should use Kenya weather conditions instead of Heacham's? Also, last round, this week, you set round 4 winds at strong breeze at up to 27mph. Did you limit that round so it will not go over 17MPH?
JMK59
Steam Profile name (Required): JMK59
Has Liked: 217 times
Been Liked: 238 times

Post by JMK59 »

Alan,

Round 4 was set to wind state 7, at 17 mph maximum (27 kph different units) and I didn't encounter anything higher than that. State 8 is next with maximum 19 mph, and I would not go this high.

You can set the Continental Tour's location as you see fit. I always go to the actual tournament location's weather to set my conditions.
Seasider47
Steam Profile name (Required): skeggy47
Been Liked: 127 times

Post by Seasider47 »

I have just colmpleted round 1 of this weeks PGLS Tour at Belle Isles CC (22/04/21. The Course is excellent and conditions compliment it. I like to be rewarded when hitting a good shot and I did play well today and am well Satisfied with my -5 score.

The organisers of this tour have picked some excellent courses, the Tour is my favourite of all the tours on PGLS. It is due to this tour that I am doing so well I have just completed my first quarter and am well satified with what I have achieved and expect at any moment to be moved to Pro level.

I am looking forward to playing the rest of this weeks programme even thogh I spy a Stimp 14 in the final round I note that the flat and mainly large greens will stand it lol I just hope I can build a score before I reach round 4 lol,

Well done all involved in the PGLS Tour a high standard that we should all follow.

Return to “PGLS Tours”