PGA Major

Post in here anything to do with the PGLS Tours tourney.
Mailman
Steam Profile name (Required): Mailman
Been Liked: 4 times

PGA Major

Post by Mailman »

I know that the real-life venue for the next major is at Southern Hills as I just looked it up. Not sure why we are playing the next major @ South Hills Country Club other than it has a similar name :ermm: Not remotely like the real venue which is circa 7481 yards long (v 6415 yards for South Hills). This begs the question 'If the real venue has not been done for PG, why wasn't another US major course chosen instead?'. Plenty of candidates : Valhalla, Winged Foot, Hazeltine, Baltusrol, Riviera, Merion etc etc. I shall play whatever the admins decide :good: but wondered if this was an accidental oversight when the tour rotas were set up.
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Re: PGA Major

Post by Riddler »

Good question and I don't have a good answer. I didn't think of the yardage when picking out a different course for Southern Hills but I agree with your observation. I will check with Mark, just to make sure he is ok with me changing it to Winged Foot. Thanks for the heads up. It is much appreciated.

Alan
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

Week 20 has been changed to Winged Foot.
Mailman
Steam Profile name (Required): Mailman
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Mailman »

Good decision. Winged Foot will prove a worthy venue for the next major. Many thanks :)
bbbuckshot1
Steam Profile name (Required): BBBUCKSHOT1
Been Liked: 240 times

Post by bbbuckshot1 »

Kudos to Admin folks for acting on this course change - and good observation, Mailman!

Return to “PGLS Tours”