2K23

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

2K23

Post by LinksPro »

Love playing the new game. Problem is ever since they updated, we lost the ability to see each other when we play together in tournaments. It would be nice if we could incorporate this site for that game.
EA Sports is coming out with their version of PGA Tour on March 24th. I loved EA Sports when we played Tiger Woods 2007 and 2008. Only problem with this version is there is no 3 click currently. They claim that will change in the future. When that is, who knows. I don't think its going to be any time soon. What are everyone's thoughts?
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
charlie
Steam Profile name (Required): cer1949
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: 2K23

Post by charlie »

I prefer 2K21 because (1) I was able to advance to Legend level and play reasonably well in a Legends Society (consistently under par), and (2) the course design program works well, so I was able to create a number of courses.

I play at Master level in 2k23 (one level below Legend), but they have made the short game difficult and unpredictable for chipping and bunker play. Worse, I can no longer design courses because, even with only a handful of insignificant improvements to the PGA2K23 design program, they have somehow made it more difficult to use and it contains many bugs they have yet to address. I would have preferred that they not touch the PGA2K21 course design program. I was hoping I could implement a workaround by continuing to design new courses in PGA2K21 and then import those courses into PGA2K23, but they have made the importation of PGA2K21 courses to PGA2K23 difficult with a burdensome process that requires a lot of work on the imported course in the PGA2K23 design program to clean up the imported course to make it playable.

So, in my view, PGA2K23 has been a step backwards.

I play and design with a mouse and keyboard, not a controller.
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

I'm with charlie, 2k23 seems to be a step backwards in many ways, 2k21 just plays better.
The characters look goofy as heck in 2k23 :-) Not much you can do to set your guy up.

I currently play allot of 2k19 on Bob's tour, and it is tough!

I've been following EA PGA Tour but undecided on the cost, its up there and compared to the 2K series EA only has 30 courses and no designer.
I'm a little confused about the society's or if they even have them besides the Korn Ferry and PGA tours ?
Still lots to know about EA PGA Tour.
Golferdee
Steam Profile name (Required): steamydennis
Has Liked: 260 times
Been Liked: 129 times

Post by Golferdee »

LinksPro wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:02 pm
EA Sports is coming out with their version of PGA Tour on March 24th. I loved EA Sports when we played Tiger Woods 2007 and 2008. Only problem with this version is there is no 3 click currently. They claim that will change in the future. When that is, who knows. I don't think its going to be any time soon. What are everyone's thoughts?
No 3 click means I won't be buying it. Happy to stick with Perfect Golf even with it's occasional little bugs. Love this game with the hundreds of different courses and all the great tournaments we are treated to. :good:
buck
Steam Profile name (Required): Buck
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by buck »

3 Click is in the new EA PGA game
bbbuckshot1
Steam Profile name (Required): BBBUCKSHOT1
Been Liked: 240 times

Post by bbbuckshot1 »

It would take a spectacular game to convince me to play it - PG is the best I have ever played and the PGLS team runs a fantastic site of tourneys
Riddler
Steam Profile name (Required): Riddler
Has Liked: 161 times
Been Liked: 263 times

Post by Riddler »

I read the 2k23 will not be available for the PC but only Play Station and Xbox. Is that correct? The thing I like most about PG, and there are many things to like, is that it just lets you play a golf game. No crowds or crowd sounds, no golfers doing fist bumps or walking off the green. It is just simply golf.
charlie
Steam Profile name (Required): cer1949
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by charlie »

Riddler wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:04 am I read the 2k23 will not be available for the PC but only Play Station and Xbox. Is that correct? The thing I like most about PG, and there are many things to like, is that it just lets you play a golf game. No crowds or crowd sounds, no golfers doing fist bumps or walking off the green. It is just simply golf.
PGA 2K23 is already out and available for PCs as well as PS and Xbox. I agree, there's a lot of unnecessary fluff.
LinksPro
Steam Profile name (Required): LinksPro
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by LinksPro »

"3 Click is in the new EA PGA game"

From what I have read so far, 3 click is NOT in the game for PC players, yet.
Everything I am seeing in this game is almost a copy of 2K23. The setups, adjustments, game play. It looks the same. And its $70.00
If it goes left, its a hook. If it goes right, its a slice. If it goes straight, its a miracle!
RandyG
Steam Profile name (Required): RandyG
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by RandyG »

You can turn off any distractions such as, crowds, pre and post animatations in 2k23. You can make 2k23 play hard or easy, up to the player.
2k23 also has a 3-click meter but for use with a controller. Haven't tried it myself.

Return to “General Discussion”