A suggestion...

Post here anything to do with the The Divisions tourney.
Caincalaway
Steam Profile name (Required): spookiesgore
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 15 times

A suggestion...

Post by Caincalaway »

With the Survivor tourney, we get PM's that tell us we have made it to the next round. It also tells us that the next round is available to play. Can something similar be done with Divisions where we are automatically sent a PM that tells us when the next round is available to play? Just as a reminder? I'm going to be slipping back to Division 2 because I forgot to play. I'm sure this has happened to others. I mean, we have a life outside of this game, so we might need a little help remembering to play certain tourneys. It could be very beneficial to those of us who play in multiple tournaments. Just a thought.
charlieb
Steam Profile name (Required): charllieb
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: A suggestion...

Post by charlieb »

Do you not see it in your tourney listing in game?
Caincalaway

Post by Caincalaway »

Yeah, but it's easy to gloss over if you're looking for something else in a sea of tournaments.
charlieb
Steam Profile name (Required): charllieb
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by charlieb »

Ahh..Got you..
mwalimu
Steam Profile name (Required): mwalimu
Has Liked: 16 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by mwalimu »

I think the reasoning here is that with Survivor (and PGLS Open - are there any others?) not everyone qualifies to advance to later rounds, so the notification is to inform players that they've qualified. With Divisions and other tournies, everyone can play every round. That said, I think Divisions is the only tourney where each round must be played within a specific time window, so maybe you have a point.

(There would also be the question of who should receive the notices. Everyone who played the previous period? Everyone who appears in the tables? Everyone who has Divisions selected in their PGLS participation?)
mwalimu

Chuck Norris can get an albatross on a par 3.
Caincalaway

Post by Caincalaway »

^ Maybe there should be a separate box you can check if you want to receive these specific notifications?
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 406 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Caincalaway wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:52 pm With the Survivor tourney, we get PM's that tell us we have made it to the next round. It also tells us that the next round is available to play. Can something similar be done with Divisions where we are automatically sent a PM that tells us when the next round is available to play? Just as a reminder? I'm going to be slipping back to Division 2 because I forgot to play. I'm sure this has happened to others. I mean, we have a life outside of this game, so we might need a little help remembering to play certain tourneys. It could be very beneficial to those of us who play in multiple tournaments. Just a thought.
A Private Message (PM) will now be sent out when a new Period starts to players in all the divisions and the feeder division.

This excludes when it starts on the 1st of the month.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Caincalaway

Post by Caincalaway »

Cool!

Return to “The Divisions”