Scoring criteria

Fun tourney available to play from Wednesday to Monday inclusive. No 'Order of Merit' points.
golfreb
Steam Profile name (Required): golfreb

Scoring criteria

Post by golfreb »

What is the scoring criteria? Understand you lose 250 points for not hitting the green. Do you get "x" number of points for a range of distance from the pin, 0-5feet, 5-10 feet? Would be nice if your previous distance was shown as your second shot landed. Do not like having a type of shot removed from my arsenal, i.e. a flop shot. Few times this round I hit a flop shot on 1st shot and it wasn't available for the second attempt...Thanks!
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Re: Scoring criteria

Post by Mwh65 »

Unfortunately PG does some weird stuff when playing CTP Skillz ...

1. When a ball plugs your next shot is plugged, whether its your 1st or 2nd shot. Clearly wrong.

2. Power Loss and Spin Loss is different for every player when playing multiplayer and both shots per hole for the same player, which makes no sense. It should be uniform across all players and shots.

3. Club choice/selection as you've pointed out is also prone to randomness.

Unfortunately I can do nothing about any of the above as they are bugs in PG which aren't going to be fixed, despite my requests.

Expanding on the 2nd paragraph on the rules page ...

rules.php?ruleset=17

1. You lose about roughly 6 points per foot from the hole.
2. If you land on the green and are roughly 85 feet or more from the pin you get 50 points.
3. Finishing 1 inch from the hole will more than likely get you 1,000 points.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here

Return to “Skillz (CTP)”