PGLS Fair Play Statement

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
terbal
Steam Profile name (Required): terbal

Re: PGLS Fair Play Statement

Post by terbal »

WGT DEJA VU
JoeBradley
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeBradley
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by JoeBradley »

LES1959 wrote: i have never been able to play a solo round in real life, and to me golf is not a solo game its a social game. ...do we really need those members?
I'm one of those players who, for reasons of time (a coffee break from work for example), choose to play solo tournament rounds. I'm more than happy to have rounds scrutinised. Just because some prefer a social round, it doesn't mean it's the only way to enjoy it. To suggest otherwise is, ironically, somewhat antisocial.
Greensboronclion
Steam Profile name (Required): Greensboronclion
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 11 times

Post by Greensboronclion »

Now this might upset some but here it goes. As a links player for many years I played 3C and we had issues there with RTS as edging was always a problem but the main reason I went back to 3C for tournaments is that it is cheat proof as you either hit 6:00 or you don't and that's cut and dry. Sometimes your on and sometimes your not and you can always tell which it is by the score. I play the others as they are meant to be played in practice and exhibition and played legitimately they are tough but if manipulated they can produce scores that are flat out ridiculous and the good news is that almost all do it the legitimate way here.
terbal

Post by terbal »

This was always going to be a problem when you make a game with different methods of play. A game should have 1 set of rules for everyone.
FiremanRetired

Post by FiremanRetired »

Affo wrote:... I for one wouldn't be around still if I had to play with someone everytime. Each round would double in time and that's not something I can put up with ... I have before recorded rounds and am happy to in the future if it were required, nothing to hide here in sleepy Dorset! Just me an my mouse and click finger :biggrin:
Ditto.

I've played L2K3, the Tiger series, etc., and was never interested in anything but solo play. Quicker, more convenient, the way to go.

If anyone wants to see a recorded round, they are more than welcome to it (good for laughs).
JoeBradley wrote:I'm one of those players who, for reasons of time (a coffee break from work for example), choose to play solo tournament rounds. I'm more than happy to have rounds scrutinised. Just because some prefer a social round, it doesn't mean it's the only way to enjoy it. To suggest otherwise is, ironically, somewhat antisocial.
Solo rounds are my preference as well, I've never played anything else.

And your comment that those suggesting "social rounds are the only way to enjoy the game" is indeed an antisocial statement in and of itself.
LES1959
Steam Profile name (Required): LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

please if your going to quote me DO NOT CUT AND PASTE BITS TOGETHER, and make a total misquote.........................the members i am referring to as we do not need are the cheating ones. i understand some players cannot always play with others due to times ect ect, and i also understand some members prefer to play solo. i am referring to members going out solo and shooting very very low scores
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!
terbal

Post by terbal »

LES1959 wrote:please if your going to quote me DO NOT CUT AND PASTE BITS TOGETHER, and make a total misquote.........................the members i am referring to as we do not need are the cheating ones. i understand some players cannot always play with others due to times ect ect, and i also understand some members prefer to play solo. i am referring to members going out solo and shooting very very low scores

:good:
JoeBradley
Steam Profile name (Required): JoeBradley
Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by JoeBradley »

LES1959 wrote:please if your going to quote me DO NOT CUT AND PASTE BITS TOGETHER, and make a total misquote.........................the members i am referring to as we do not need are the cheating ones. i understand some players cannot always play with others due to times ect ect, and i also understand some members prefer to play solo. i am referring to members going out solo and shooting very very low scores
Apologies if I misunderstood, but you seemed to be suggesting that those unwilling to play rounds with others would not be welcome. Here's the quote again in full:

"this is just my opinion.... but while members are allowed to participate in tours playing solo rounds, there will always be rumblings of discontent amongst members and assumptions thrown against low or very good scores, or in some cases unreal scores.... i have never been able to play a solo round in real life, and to me golf is not a solo game its a social game. if it was done so that you had to play a tour round with another member then some of the doubts about a low score can be eased a little if there is another player there to actually see the shots and score being made.I have mentioned this before and was told that we might lose membership, but do we really need those members ? just my 2 cents"

Just trying to clarify things. But I do understand and agree with you that playing in pairs is the ideal.
FiremanRetired

Post by FiremanRetired »

JoeBradley wrote:Apologies if I misunderstood, but you seemed to be suggesting that those unwilling to play rounds with others would not be welcome. Here's the quote again in full:

"this is just my opinion.... but while members are allowed to participate in tours playing solo rounds, there will always be rumblings of discontent amongst members and assumptions thrown against low or very good scores, or in some cases unreal scores.... i have never been able to play a solo round in real life, and to me golf is not a solo game its a social game. if it was done so that you had to play a tour round with another member then some of the doubts about a low score can be eased a little if there is another player there to actually see the shots and score being made.I have mentioned this before and was told that we might lose membership, but do we really need those members ? just my 2 cents"
I wouldn't worry about it Joe, you were looking out for everyone .. not just a select group.

After all, someone saying "do we really need them?" is pretty dang awful. You made the right call.
LES1959
Steam Profile name (Required): LES1959

Post by LES1959 »

ok guess i have to spell it out being as folks cant read it correct and understand.................................. THE PLAYERS WE DO NOT NEED ARE THE ONES SHOOTING REALLY LOW LOW SCORES AND REFUSING TO PLAY WITH OTHER MEMBERS, BECAUSE TO ME IT PROVES THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.................not once did i say we dont need members who play solo. and if you care to look into it, i myself play 95% of the tours as a solo player.........
Some people are like slinkies. Not much good for anything but bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs!

Return to “General Discussion”