Problem with The Glen

Post here anything to do with the PGLS Open tourney.
Cestrian
Steam Profile name (Required): david

Problem with The Glen

Post by Cestrian »

Is anyone else having problems loading The Glen ? I get to around 40% and then the game crashes to desktop. I've tried deleting and reloading the course several times but I keep having the same problem. All the other courses are OK, it only happens with The Glen.

Dave
MiMiC

Re: Problem with The Glen

Post by MiMiC »

Hi Dave,

Can I ask how much RAM your machine contains, and also what processor you run?

The course is one of the most machine-intensive so far created for Perfect Golf and may be testing the limits of what you have with its detailed plot and number of course objects.

Mike

MiMiC
Cestrian

Post by Cestrian »

Hi Mike

I've got 8GB of RAM, an i5-3570K CPU and an AMD Radeon RX480 Graphics Card. It may well be that the system's not up to spec - I've noticed it gets a bit stuttery on courses with lots of trees (even with the setting turned down).

Dave
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

Well that spec isn't bad Dave :hmmm:

I will get Lee (Crusher) to chime in on this to see if he can think of anything.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Hello Dave. I agree with Mike about the Glen Course. However, your gaming Rig specs are very good. I doubt the problem would be RAM, CPU or Video card problems. Start off with the easiest approach by deleting the Glen Course folder in your Courses folder in Perfect Golf. Be sure the game is closed, then download the Glen Course again from the course collection here at PGLS. If the Glen Course still doesn't play or load correctly follow the steps below.

Please load the first course in the Carousel (Abbotsley Golf Club). Play one hole with your current settings. Let us know if it played smoothly. After your test, please post a screenie of your Graphics Quality Settings.

For example: (disregard the yellow arrows) If you do not have an image account for sharing a screenie (screen shot/print screen) then attach it as a .JPG to your next post. The quality information will be very helpful.

Cestrian

Post by Cestrian »

Hi Lee

I went through the steps you set out and the program crashed again when The Glen was 40% loaded. The error message after the crash said the computer was low on memory. I played Abbotsley after I'd reloaded the game with no problem. The screenshot of my graphics settings is attached. I've had to set "Pause on Render" to off as the Swingmeter disappears completely when it's on !!

Regards

Dave
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png

Return to “PGLS Open”