PGLS PG Courses Checker Utility

This forum contains information you will find useful in using PGLS. If you have any suggestions for content in here please let us know.
Bilbad
Steam Profile name (Required): Bilbad
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: PGLS PG Courses Checker Utility

Post by Bilbad »

Mark, I have Bethpage Black showing as needing updating to Ver. V1 but I have the later ver. V1_1. Also your updater says I need Shadow Creek Final but I have Shadow Creek Beta 2 which is later.
Mwh65
Site Admin
Steam Profile name (Required): Mwh65
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 404 times

Post by Mwh65 »

I will look into this :good:
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

PGLS is not affiliated in any way with the game creator Perfect Parallel.
To donate to PGLS click here
Bilbad
Steam Profile name (Required): Bilbad
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bilbad »

Ta very much
MiMiC

Post by MiMiC »

Hi Ian,

Whilst you are getting the courses which are coming out of beta earlier at OGT, we hold back until the official release is announced on PPs forum, or at least until it is available as part of OGTs course download area.

We do not carry courses in beta form which have been assigned to them for beta testing. The ones which appear as BETA on our course library are those from the JNPG Course Depository, with whom we have an informal arrangement to run through some testing on before we then move them to a release on the site here.

We have to be able to trust as much as possible the courses we use, and so outside of special events such as our Knockout, we have hard-coded so that beta courses cannot be used in our main events. Because we wait for an official release from OGT for their beta courses, we do not carry them in any form beforehand.

Our checker is based on the Hash Codes of courses which have been added into our database, and this is because we need to be absolutely sure of the version and hash for multiplayer games. Any course which has not had a previous release, or whose new update has not been made publicly available, will not feature in our list.

This is why the two courses showed differently for you. Bethpage Black has since made it to public release and hash codes have now been updated (all of which are announced in Private Messages when this takes place), but Shadow Creek has not, as far as I know been released, as its beta filename would signal, and will not feature until whatever publicly-available release is made availabe and updated at OGT on their Courses Download Area.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Mike
Wirenut48
Steam Profile name (Required): wirenut48
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by Wirenut48 »

Hi Mark, Great App but have a request. Would it be possible to be able to select multiple folders using the override detection? I like to keep the courses in my courses folder to a minimum (current tournament's only) for faster loading times. I have all the user created stored in another folder. Also have all the PG courses in a seperate folder to use when verifying integrity.

I know I can scan each folder individually, but this can leave a long list in the not installed/available window to sort though.

Thanks, Kent
ASUS TUF GAMING Z790 BTF WIFI, i9-14900K, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6000-CL30, Samsung 990 Pro 4TB+2TB M.2, ASUS TUF RTX 4070 Ti SUPER BTF, Sony XR-X85X95J@120Hz, HTC Vive
Mwh65
Site Admin

Post by Mwh65 »

Not currently but may be an idea for a future release.

Initially the main reason for me writing it was to make sure the actual PG courses folder was free of incorrect folders eg empty or extra folders etc. It has since become a lot more than that.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

DinoMC
Steam Profile name (Required): DinoMC

Post by DinoMC »

Great utility Mark. Can I suggest a refinement - Can you add a checkbox for 'Show Updates required for installed Courses only' .
I only install new Courses when it's necessary.

Cheers,
-Dean.
--Dean
i7-6800K @4.2ghz
16GB RAM
GTX 980ti
W10
spy88
Steam Profile name (Required): spy88

Post by spy88 »

I apologize if this is not the best place to resolve my problem but thought someone could help me with it here.

Some time ago, I accidentally deleted Muirfield Village. It's no longer in my course files, carousel, not in the courses to buy (golf shop), nor can I find it in Steam. Can someone please provide me with either a link to it or explain how to retrieve it?

MUCH APPRECIATED!

P.S. Excellent app for resolving updated and new courses!
Mwh65
Site Admin

Post by Mwh65 »

You will need to "Verify Integrity of Game Files" which will redownload any missing PG provided courses.
Mark Holliday (Mwh65)
(PGLS Owner)

spy88
Steam Profile name (Required): spy88

Post by spy88 »

Sorry Mark but I'm PC illiterate. How/where do I do that please?

Return to “General Discussion”